Vaughan Expo City: Expo 1,2, & Nord | ?m | 38s | Cortel Group | AJT Architects

http://www.7citycentre.com/index2.html. I'm not sure how long the website has been running.

Awesome thanks! Although, does anyone have any contact information for these developers? The contact email on that website bounces back, and I googled Royal Lane Developments and they don't have an email...and unfortunately no one seems to pick up their phone either...

Oh my god, those buildings are aboslutely terrible. They're like a poor man's version of the New York Towers, which were at the bottom of the architectural spectrum themselves.

hate to revive an old thread, but, does anyone know whats going on with these things? I spoke to Royal lanes and they said that they scrapped the previous plans (current website included) and they got a new architect.

any info would be appreciated.

thanks

Not only this plan is not scrapped , but a huge billboard with ithe picture of proposed towers has been erected not long ago on the proposed costruction site along Hgw.7 just east of Jane St.

interesting...

why would they lie to me? they told me to disregard all info on the website as they have reconfigured the buildings and all the units.

if you look at Kirkor's website, the project isnt even listed. 7777 weston is listed and they didnt even put any signs up at weston and 7 yet...

I noticed the billboard on Highway 7 recently too. Odd that they would say everything is being scrapped, yet set up a billboard to promote the project. Could just be a placemaker to say a development of that size is about to come to the area though.

I would be stunned--and extremely happy--if they announced aA as new lead architect. Could you imagine--beautiful buildings in Markham? It would sell in a hurry.

Vaughan*

Though im sure most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

I noticed the billboard on Highway 7 recently too. Odd that they would say everything is being scrapped, yet set up a billboard to promote the project. Could just be a placemaker to say a development of that size is about to come to the area though.

The billboard was put up sometime around July depicting the new simplified design. I am not sure who the architect was, but Kirkor was only involved with the OPA and rezoning applications. I think the OMB approved those plans in late 2008/early 2009, but not much had happened until last July when the billboard was put up and the website launched (and still online). I don't expect anything to happen for awhile, but when something does happen, hopefully it's with another design change.

oops. Well I spent quite a bit of time in Vaughan as a kid...but I remember it mostly as farmer's fields and maple sugar bushes! Markham was just more of the same.

maybe somebody needs to get out more (besides downtown core) ~

Back