Toronto Exhibit Residences | 99.97m | 32s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

Gabby's will be moving afew doors east into the Lobby space and the rooftop sign advertising Exhibit has been removed. Will the old Gabby's space be the sales centre for Exhibit?

exhibitn24.jpg

I guess this puts an end to my ongoing fantasy that Lobby and all its patrons will be swallowed by a sudden sinkhole. Still, turning the space into a crap chain pub is a close second place.

Ahaha. Agreed. Myself and many others I know have been hoping for Lobby to face a similar fate. A service has been done to this city-- there are now a few hundred fewer pretentious (yet oddly trashy) douchebags on this stretch of street every weekend. :)

Never been to Lobby but I remember a scene in "Kenny Vs. Spenny" being filmed in there (episode "Who Do Gay Guys Like Better"). We used to do Gabby's regularly after work for several years when I worked in the area, been there a few times since and it hasn't changed. The food is typically just "OK", pitchers reasonably priced, good atmosphere and a great crowd, often UofT'ers it seems. I'm really glad to see it moving to new digs and not losing a decent pub along this stretch.

So it's now confirmed the Exhibit sales office will be in the old Gabby's location. Gabby's moved a few doors east to the old Lobby spot.

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5S 1T8

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 11 102092 ZSV 00 ZR Accepted Date: Jan 6, 2011

Project: Non-Residential Building Sign

Description: Proposal to permit the erection and display of one wall sign, 7.92 metres wide by 5.18 metres tall, covering the entire southerly-facing second storey building wall of the existing two storey building located on the premises. The wall sign is proposed to display "Exhibit Condominium Residence" and is intended to be used in conjunction with the sales and marketing of a new residential condominium development on the premises.

Marketing is gearing up - here's a better look at Exhibit for you:

ExhibitExtWView750.jpg

Notes:
- the balconies are fritted-glazed balconies
- all of the suites have been oriented either to the north or south, protecting the excellent views from future development
- the first two floors will be retail
- owing to the subway running under the building, Exhibit does not have an underground parking garage. The parking, located at the rear of the building, is comprised of eight levels above ground, veiled in the same fritted glass as the rest of the tower. Residents living on those floors will have the convenience of parking their car on the same level as their suite.
- interior design is by Diego Burdi of Burdifilek
- the ninth level of the building is the Entertainment floor, with -
- - two lounges, one with a curved bar, and the other with a private dining room with catering kitchen, which can be adapted as intimate individual spaces or combined for larger social functions.
- - a party room with a linear fireplace, which opens onto...
- - an outdoor rooftop garden highlighted by a shimmering reflecting pool accented by a sculpture in the water: rows of trees frame private seating areas around this green and blue oasis
- on the tenth level is a fitness centre equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, overlooking the garden below

Last edited:
Such a beautiful building. I really hope they came through on the cladding for this one. A nice silvery/grey glass with frosted fritted balcony glass would look so sleek.

Maybe the fritted white glass will inspire the ROM to replace the failed metal skin. A shiny white ROM would be quite striking I think.

It's going to be a nice project. But Baker Real Estate is selling it so it's going to be messy. Lanterra's project close by was handled by Baker in the last remaining suites were in the high 700's/foot so who knows what they'll come out with on this one.

The rendering looks sensational, the design is very refreshing but I don't trust Bazis.

Back