Erin Mills Town Centre Expansion | ?m | ?s | 20VIC Management | MMC Architecture

airplane-dude

Member Bio
Reaction score
Jason, those are AMAZING pictures.. Taken by a drone?

Raul, that's interesting news.. Pretty sure it's not what the mall wanted (ie they'd probably want a more upscale retailer) but it will certainly bring in traffic...

Bluenose56

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm skeptical about Walmart moving into Erin Mills TC. There's a large Walmart just a couple of minutes away at South Common.

narduch

Member Bio
Reaction score
That's interesting news about Walmart if true. This mall wasn't one of the original 13 leases they took from Target.

Basshats

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm skeptical about Walmart moving into Erin Mills TC. There's a large Walmart just a couple of minutes away at South Common.
A Walmart that seems to be significantly smaller than most Supercentres so one would assume that a move to EMTC would mean closing the South Common location.

Student99

Member Bio
Reaction score
interesting... lately i've been thinking wal-mart could be a possibility here. dropped by the south common one a few weeks back. Perhaps they're spacing out their stores to be more strategic geographically?
Maybe south common will close and they'll open one further south in the old target at sheridan centre as well? I know they were previously looking for a location in south mississauga. Could be a cheaper option than the aborted project in port credit / lakeview

narduch

Member Bio
Reaction score
There's supposed to be a new Walmart in the Cawthra and Lakeshore area.

Not sure if that could be considered close enough to Erin Mills or South Commons.

narduch

Member Bio
Reaction score
A Walmart that seems to be significantly smaller than most Supercentres so one would assume that a move to EMTC would mean closing the South Common location.
And that is exactly what Walmart is doing with a few of the Target leases they obtained. They will shut down the neighbouring existing Walmart in favour of the former Target location.

Raul

Member Bio
Reaction score
Walmart will be opening at Erin Mills 100%. I believe south common mall will remain open.

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm loving the sphere. On a day with blue sky, it should look great, and with a dramatic sunset, it just might look spectacular. It's enough to get me thinking I should make a trip out there (maybe around the time the rest of the mall upgrades are finished).