Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

But recently,.... I’ve heard rumours of an Asian/Chinese grocery store going in - NOT Loblaws T&T,... but a decent Asian/Chinese grocery chain that I would say is one level down. The space is still an empty shell like it has been since the beginning. And I haven’t been able to confirm anything so until then,....
The only chains I can think of are Oceans/Nations and Al Premium.

Galleria has been on a roll lately, too, and they'd be a good fit for NYCC. I think that'd end up being a flagship location for them

last year Starbucks bailed EmeraldPark for TTC Yonge-Sheppard Subway Station

This take doesn't make any sense. A starbucks inside the subway station and one in the Metro store are for totally different groups of people. They wouldn't say "since we can't serve grocery store customers, we'll go serve subway passengers instead." The two stores are totally independent of each other.

Arghhhh,...… the Emerald Park LCBO Store (#177 at 22 Poyntz Ave - legal address for Metro’s 2nd floor of Emerald Park) have been bumped down on LCBO Opening Soon list from #2 to #5 - now sandwiched between November 14 & December 5. Still no Firm Date yet, but looks to be around late November,... before Holiday Seasons,... so we’ll definitely have a “more joyous” holiday season around here! Hopefully!

lcbo.JPG

http://www.doingbusinesswithlcbo.com/shared/storeopenings/FutureStoresMap.shtml

Remember that new format Metro that was supposed to open on the second floor with all these neat market substations all around the perimeter including independent brand name retailers,... well, one of them appears to have deserted and found a new home,..... nope, not talking about the LCBO,... yet,.... the Starbucks kiosk that was supposed to be near the top of the escalator area,... now officially gone,.... look like they're officially going underground,.... as part of TTC's Sheppard-Yonge Subway Station!
https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...-rosario-varacalli.4829/page-170#post-1257292

When I posted the above last year, someone challenged me on Starbucks moving from EmeraldPark to TTC's Sheppard-Yonge Subway Station,.... as you can see from the above thread, I stood my grounds since I was 100% confident it would happen,.....now new Starbucks store been under renovation at TTC Sheppard-Yonge Subway station for a month now. Now with the rumoured Asian/Chinese supermarket going into EmeraldPark 2nd floor - it's still too early in the process, thus I'm really not at that level of confidence to back it up so I won't name the rumoured chain.

BTW, if a Starbucks ever opens on 2nd floor of EmeraldPark,.... on opening day, I will personally be serving free coffee,.... naked!

Attachments

• lcbo.JPG
    lcbo.JPG
    197 KB · Views: 1,664
BTW, if a Starbucks ever opens on 2nd floor of EmeraldPark,.... on opening day, I will personally be serving free coffee,.... naked!

Man...that's gotta be a few health code infractions right there... :eek:

But, I guess we should never underestimate the appeal and popularity of a Starbucks location. In the TTC station it obviously makes sense for commuters. There's already one location just to the south at Yonge & Avondale and two at Yonge & Park Home (just north of Mel Lastman Square, street level and one level down, both). Admittedly, they're enough of a walk from Yonge & Sheppard for time-sensitive commuters.

Last edited:
Awesome!!! Any updates on the empty grocery store space next to the LCBO? Would love to see something there before the new year! :)

You might see a grocery store open there for new year 2020!!! That's still an empty shell requiring new building permits & about 6 month of renovations!

From my post in late August,.... it seems Metro, the 2nd floor landlord, have found an Asian/Chinese grocery store to be the tenant - thus LCBO finally opening (LCBO refused to open without synergy from supermarket next door - just that now LCBO will open first).
https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...-rosario-varacalli.4829/page-177#post-1369760

Other than rumours from decent source, I still haven't seen enough concrete proof for me to name the Asian/Chinese grocery store. Unless Metro (landlord) makes an announcement, we're still months away,....

Speaking of Metro, Metro as the 2nd floor EmeraldPark landlord,.... have been on the hunt to secure 100 parking spots,.... for their tenants. The LCBO wouldn't need all 100 parking spots as most of their clients in this high-density node would be walk-in like at EmpressWalk LCBO. Interestingly the original 70-parking spots originally reserved for Lansing United Church in EmeraldPark P1 level was sold off by developer at about $50K per spot a couple years ago after developer & Church had their disagreement (& church required their own underground parking). Then last year developer sold off their interest in commercial parking level P1/P2.

Last edited:
In the mean time,..... Alex, I would like to buy a vowel,.... is there an "O"?

Alex: There are 4 "O"s

Alex, I'll solve the puzzle,.... it's our old friend "LCBO Opening Soon" sign again,.... last time it hung around for 3 years (early 2015 to late 2017),.... this time it'll be here for only 3 weeks - until December 6 - hopefully!
IMG_9602.JPG

From Yonge Street you can see some of the shelves in the LCBO are already being stocked. Hopefully this opening date will stick.

Although I'm more interested in what asian grocery store will be opening adjacent to LCBO. I am sure it will do extremely well given the number of asian residents in the area. The area is lacking in a discount grocery store.

From Yonge Street you can see some of the shelves in the LCBO are already being stocked. Hopefully this opening date will stick.

Question now isn't if LCBO will open on their official December 6 grand opening date,... but if they'll be able to "soft" open earlier! This section looks almost done but there are other areas that are completely empty.
IMG_0059.JPG

The LCBO is now open with some special free bonuses. A local brewery is giving beer samples, cheese, crackers and various dips and a large re-usable carry bag at the checkout. The store is bright, wide aisles and a large walk-in cooler room for beer and wine. It,s about 3 times larger than Empress Walk.
DSCN0574.JPG
DSCN0570.JPG
DSCN0571.JPG
DSCN0572.JPG
DSCN0573.JPG
DSCN0575.JPG

Back