Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

It's pretty hilarious because even if they were to tow the car the length of the tow truck plus car probably would make it impossible to turn out of the parking levels to the surface.

First time poster here (long time lurker), I live a few blocks away from this site. Been interesting to follow the posts and photos of some of the new retailers coming in. Caught this blurb - anyone familiar with the original Allwyn's location? I don't know them at all.

"Allwyn's Bakery to Open A Second Location at Yonge and Sheppard":
http://www.postcity.com/Eat-Shop-Do...open-a-second-location-at-Yonge-and-Sheppard/
The new Allwyn’s will be located in a food court on the ground floor of the Emerald Park condo building and is expected open in September.

Awwww yea.

Also new food court restaurant beside the Nana has started renovations. They added a lot of rail lighting to food court. Food court is almost full now with 9/14 units rented out. Retail units have been slow to rent out however with the hair salon bailing probably from the sewage pump.

I'm wondering how noisy will all these waste water pump be,.... each one in operation will at least produce an audible humming sound from the motor,..... then add the water gurgling sound,.... multiply by about 40-50 of them,.... its just a weird concept that waste water gets flushed upward through pipes,....

Here's a better photo of the new EmeraldPark parking signage at its northeast corner near Yonge & Bogert. Notice the cement cover is now covering the opening to the large water reservoir (under front steps of Yonge frontage stores) used to collect underground water from the underground creek-river that hits EmeraldPark foundation,.... likely meaning that the underground water filtration system should now be working,.... and thus there shouldn't be that constant flow of red water truck picking up the underground water to drive to Hamilton for filtration,... really bad during spring run-off time.
IMG_3308.JPG

IMG_7539.JPG

Next photo shows northeast area of P1 parking level where cement brick now covering the huge plastic tank of water filtration system,..... and last photo shows some filtration pump in blue - area looks like ready for a garage-utility door.
IMG_3196.JPG

IMG_3197.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3308.JPG
    IMG_3308.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,794
  • IMG_3196.JPG
    IMG_3196.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,754
  • IMG_3197.JPG
    IMG_3197.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,755
  • IMG_7539.JPG
    IMG_7539.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,730
Today the water pipes in the ceiling burst. I was wondering why it felt so humid. Started hearing this water gushing sound thought it was construction but on my way out i see water coming out of the ceiling in the food court. If you hurry now you can still see it.

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 1,342
3.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

The water is gushing continuously that the roof panels have fallen off. The cleaners and security are scrambling not knowing exactly what to do. Looks like there will be a lot of damage not only to the food court but to some food court tenants as well who have spent $$ renovating their cubicle size units.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 1,238
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 1,246
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 1,226
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 1,211
Wow. This building is such a joke. Feel horrible for the people that invested in this stinker :/

The retail here is bad what about the suites? I have not heard much issues about them.

Suites I don't know. The foodcourt has taken off really fast, there are only 5 units left out of 14. The cubicle retail is very very slow to rent out. In the past month we have only seen 1 more dry cleaner opening making it a total of 3 cubicle retail stores filled out of 40-50ish. The rumored Tim Hortons is nowhere to be found. Metro probably really did bail. LCBO is in some sort of limbo perhaps waiting on the tunnel to complete.

The residential suites shouldn't be having many issues since the units are so new. The reason why retail is so bad is from various reasons like e-commerce, fickle owners, that rainstorm today...

The Morning After.....multiple high volume fans are plugged in and continuously running. These powerful fans use efficient, yet powerful motors to create high-velocity airflow that dries up water-damaged areas quickly. The high velocity airflow essentially heightens the rate of moisture evaporation.

9.jpg

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,071
Below is a shot of a residential west facing unit. There were no reports of water damage to any residential units in the building. The water damage was strictly limited to the commercial area.

10.jpg

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 2,050
The retail here is bad what about the suites? I have not heard much issues about them.

Wow,... I guess you never read any of my posts! ;p

A theme of my posts seems to be how Bazis cut so many corners (not to mention ceiling height!) in order to maximize their profit at the cost of their customers; all of their customers - retail, office and residential.

As far as the residential units go, look at the renderings of condo units for their sales brochures and compare that to what they delivered,... marble-granite counters are half as thick, floor to ceiling kitchen cabinet have large gaps at top, light fixtures are missing, etc,... (I posted this with photos about a few months after residential units were opened),.... some units already have mold issues, underground parking has leaky foundation and flooding issues,....

Anyways,... its early August, and hot and humid as heck,.... so let's go for a swim at EmeraldPark swimming pool,.... nope - can't do that,... it's closed for repairs - again!!! Well, at least there's the whirl-pool,... nada! Whirl-pool closed as well! Again!!!! Last time it was closed for months! Arghhh,....

IMG_3474.JPG

Well, what about the spa! Steam-room,... nope - that's closed too!!!!
IMG_3471.JPG

Then how are we supposed to stay cool at EmeraldPark,.... err, cooling system being repaired too,....
IMG_3478.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3474.JPG
    IMG_3474.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,989
  • IMG_3471.JPG
    IMG_3471.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 1,900
  • IMG_3478.JPG
    IMG_3478.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,952

Back