Toronto Emerald City Phases 1 to 3 including Dream Tower | ?m | 36s | Almadev | WZMH

I am thinking the same as you, Zaindo.

We had a perfect summer where they could make a big progress out of it, but instead they did it very slowly. Don't you guys think that what they are doing is bad image for their next project. I can imagine people walk into their sales office of the Dreamcity and see how slow the progress is for the Phase 1. I wouldn't be interested to purchase a unit from Dreamcity if I was a new customer when I see how slow the progress is.

Are they going to work through the winter? I don't know how they can finish the project by mid 2012 just like they stated. What do you guys think? It's more like early or mid 2013. :(

Are they going to work through the winter? I don't know how they can finish the project by mid 2012 just like they stated. What do you guys think? It's more like early or mid 2013. :(

They will most certainly work through winter. Having said that, there is no chance in hell that they'll be done by mid 2012. I'd have to imagine that the earliest they could begin occupancy would by mid 2013.

This one does seem to be moving a bit slower than I expected, but the site is huge. Just have patience and in a few years time you'll be enjoying your new home.

It is a rather slow moving project. I don't know what the logistics are, but perhaps there are some underlying issues and that is why construction is slow. The next time I'm in the area, I'll see if I can talk to a construction worker and see what's going on.

I made this quick collage. In about 20 days, the only difference I have noticed is there seems to be less equipment on site now.

emerald-city-comparison.jpg

You are right, cruzin4u. It almost no equipment. Please ask them if you get a chance. We would appreciate it. I don't live in the area, or I would do it.

Thank you for doing it.

Well supposedly Phase 1 has underground tunnels to TTC and the mall. Could those extras complicate matters? I still don't understand why we are so slow though. I saw Hullmark on yonge and sheppard recently and they seem to be much further ahead. I think they even started later! Anyways, this is getting frustrating.....

Just received in the mail a letter from Emerald City Developments.

Apparently, the commencement of construction of the building started on October 3. Hopefully we'll see more activity and progress now in the weeks and months to come.

What is that on the 3rd picture posted by Drum118?

Techia, you received a letter from them? How come I didn't get any? Did you write a letter to them?

Back