Brampton Embleton Community Centre | ?m | ?s | City of Brampton | Perkins&Will

Paclo

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Embleton Community Centre: a proposed 2-storey community centre and sports facility designed by Perkins&Will for The City of Brampton on the north side of Lionhead Golf Club Road, west of Mississauga Road in Brampton's Huttonville Bram West area.

Concepts from the Perkins&Will presentation last month:
EMB-Community-Engagement-Boards-20230704-sm-2.jpg
EMB-Community-Engagement-Boards-20230704-sm-39.jpg
EMB-Community-Engagement-Boards-20230704-sm-40.jpg
EMB-Community-Engagement-Boards-20230704-sm-41.jpg
EMB-Community-Engagement-Boards-20230704-sm-43.jpg

Previous concepts from the Community Presentation of January 2022:
Embleton Information Presentation-12.jpg

Embleton Information Presentation-11.png

Embleton Information Presentation-13.png

Embleton Information Presentation-14.png

Embleton Information Presentation-16.png

Embleton Information Presentation-15.png

Thats amazing! we also need a new high school in the area, I know of people commuting all the way to mississauga and bovaird for HS

Thats amazing! we also need a new high school in the area, I know of people commuting all the way to mississauga and bovaird for HS
From the looks of it, the Peel School Board wants to build said new high school right next to the community centre. The light purple area in the conceptual site layout is the proposed location for a high school that is intended to be finished by 2027.

I still don't understand the reasoning to delay Howden Recreation Centre with a finished design right now and could break ground early 2024 for Embleton which won't have a completed design until next year. Bramalea has seen nearly all of their public spaces torn down and downsized, decisions controlled by Councillors in other wards.

Last edited:

Back