Toronto eCondos | 195.67m | 58s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

Shadowing often determines how tall a building may go. The field at North Toronto Collegiate is specifically mentioned in the Final Report as something that they wanted to limit additional shadow on. 65 storeys to the south at 1 Eglinton East has not been approved—that's just a number of storeys suggested by the developer there as reasonable, making it the peak in the area, as they draw lines up from surrounding buildings to it—presumably if it is shadowing on the NTCI field that is the concern, then it can be higher than E Condos as it is further from the field.

Just wondering if anyone has any idea about how the north tower's design would be ?
From the area of the construction it seems like gonna be similar to the south tower .

Just checked the Bazis website and found an updated picture of the two towers as what I thought the design of the North tower is almost the same as the South but with the pool on the top floor.

http://bazis.ca/econdos.html

Looks nice! I must admit I liked the really slim previous version before they got the extra property. I'm a big fan of the black and red though so I'm content.

Thanks for catching that @vamapean, it's good to finally see it.

I have added this to the dataBase file as the new main shot:

ECondosWNTwr666.jpg

Attachments

• ECondosWNTwr666.jpg
    ECondosWNTwr666.jpg
    578.9 KB · Views: 802
Looks nice! I must admit I liked the really slim previous version before they got the extra property. I'm a big fan of the black and red though so I'm content.
I, too, would have preferred seeing the slim version of the north tower built. That would have looked really sleek. Either way, this should still look quite good. I hope those red portions will light up at night.

^ Especially so if contrasting to 30 roe.
This development will definitely not be as cheap looking as 30 Roehampton. I'm pretty certain these towers will be stunning. I think this will be one of those rare projects where the final product matches or exceeds the renderings, a la: One Bloor East, Tableau, Picasso, etc.

Lol, if E Condos has good materials, the contrast with 30 Roe could amplify the effect immensely.
The latter is such a waste. Wallman generally produces decent -- even great -- buildings (Tableau). The podium here is actually pretty nice, but the tower is atrocious with its and abundant use of revolting, gray spandrel. I expect better from this firm. If not for subtle folding design, it would be about on par with Velocity.

Agreed. And how is it they are changing the design at this stage.. Makes no sense. It's almost at grade.
They changed the design months ago when they acquired more property. We're just seeing the new vision now, is all.

Back