Toronto eCondos | 195.67m | 58s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

There was a massive turnout of agents today at the E VIP Broker event. If the interest displayed translates into sales, then no-one will have to worry about E not going ahead or being reduced in size. It was the south tower that was released today, known as E8 for its address on Eglinton. Had a great quick talk with Roy Varacalli at the event, and you can anticipate an interview with him a few months from now.

They can get 64 stories at Y+E but not 75 in Southcore? Strange.

This project will not go ahead as proposed. There is no way - NO WAY - the developers will be able to sell so many units at the prices they want.

This just isn't going to fly. I'm taking a "pass" on this project and I told people to do the same once I saw the pricing. For all the positives people are giving the architecture and design, this project is a fail because the numbers just don't make sense.

$700+ per foot for Yonge/Eglinton? Come on man.

^ I think it will sell just fine. There's been so much negativity on this forum about this project. It has a great location and people forget that the Eglington subway line will be built right beside this condo in the next 4-9 years. But I guess time will tell.

^ I think it will sell just fine. There's been so much negativity on this forum about this project. It has a great location and people forget that the Eglington subway line will be built right beside this condo in the next 4-9 years. But I guess time will tell.

I am in no way overly negative. I am heavily involved in the condo market and I take it a little more serious than the casual poster on a web forum. The prices at this site are not justified. The developer could have tried to sell at $100 per square foot less and they still would have made a killing. But they're greedy.

$500 per foot is cheap for this area....but this site should not have been more than $600....with parking included.

Come on, they want $750 per foot because in 9 years there will be an Eglinton Crosstown LRT? That's ridiculous.

This project won't sell and it won't fly as is.

Which is why it should be priced at $500PSF. The sad reality is if the condo market goes cold for a while Y&E will probably dip below $450PSF for presales. Locals would buy again if they sensed it was a bargain--investors otoh, have probably fled the scene for a long time.

Which is why it should be priced at $500PSF. The sad reality is if the condo market goes cold for a while Y&E will probably dip below $450PSF for presales. Locals would buy again if they sensed it was a bargain--investors otoh, have probably fled the scene for a long time.

urbandreamer,

For some reason when I read your posts I'm oft reminded of a famous quote:

"A reactionary is a somnambulist walking backwards."

-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Debate the issue please, not each other.

Nice building; uninteresting layouts with almost no storage space and minuscule bedrooms. In other words, just like most new condo towers on the market now (one notable exception being 1 Bloor East, from what I can tell).

I heard that the shorter tower has been cut from the plans, and that they are now marketing only the taller tower. No idea how accurate that is though.

I heard it's up to six towers now, all of them supertalls.

Seriously though, unless you can give a little more info on your source or are an established provider of information, why stir the pot so?

Back