Toronto Eau du Soleil Condos | 227.98m | 66s | Empire | Richmond Architects

Yes but real world scenario is: one elevator is always out for move ins/out, one is out for service or is the problem child elevator and is always down so that leaves 4 elevators really on a good day.
Good luck with that folks.
That was practically always the case at ROCP I, where I lived for 10 years near the top. About 660 suites, 6 elevators, there was almost always at least one elevator down. I'm never living that high again.

I live with 2 elevators for 200 unites and it can be a bitch. One is out of service during the day and long wait for the other. Even when both working, it can be long wait.

Both have had issues the past few years that both were replace this year and still have issues.

The top of the short tower has to be shot long distance, mainly the west to get a clear view of the slop. Will be interesting if that the same case for the tall one.

Very disappointed with what I seeing these days for material and look. Very cheap material and boring, either up close or in the distance. Still have yet to get around to fixing my last visited shots a few weeks ago. Even about 5 months ago, I give this a poor grade. Nice to have tall towers, but need better material and looks to go with it. Again, the rendering doesn't come close to what being built.

Someone who was with me and not a fan of tall towers didn't like this tower as well most for the area. They said it was cookie cutter building and if you see one building, you have seen all of them.

At least the folks who have bought here don't have to worry about something been built and blocking their views like many other places only 5 years after they move in.

2 elevators is rough since when one is down, 50% of capacity is down. I have 4 elevators for about 350 units and barely even notice wait times increasing when one is down, which is relatively regularly. Wait times increase, but it is generally still acceptable. You certainly feel it though when 2 are down.

In a 6 elevator building, a single elevator being down makes less of a difference than in a 2 elevator building. It's a 16.6% decrease in capacity, vs. a 50% decrease in a 2 elevator building.

Of course elevator requirements are very different depending on a lot of things, from unit average occupancy to height of the building. A single elevator serving a 6 storey building can move a lot more people an hour than an elevator serving 60 storeys.

Last Night

B5FD97A3-41E7-4E50-9089-22266C464335.jpeg

Attachments

• B5FD97A3-41E7-4E50-9089-22266C464335.jpeg
    B5FD97A3-41E7-4E50-9089-22266C464335.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 839
There are now four freight elevators on the topped out Water Tower. My apologies that this doesn’t show up well on the photo. There is not much contrast on a dull day between the dark blue of the elevators and the grey of the incomplete building. If you look carefully, you will see all four near the top.

How often do developers install multiple elevators like this?

71129417-638F-45CE-A537-C97F05154EF5.jpeg

Attachments

• 71129417-638F-45CE-A537-C97F05154EF5.jpeg
    71129417-638F-45CE-A537-C97F05154EF5.jpeg
    317.7 KB · Views: 809
It is rare (but not unheard of) to have 4 hoists on one building, let alone all in one corner, but it would mean that as a trade you only have to go one spot to get picked up for your vertical journey, and as a developer that only one suite on the floor is behind the others in terms of it getting finished.

Back