Toronto Eau du Soleil Condos | 227.98m | 66s | Empire | Richmond Architects

A couple of shots on a misty day, from slightly different angles. They have just bumped up the cranes a bit more. Now that they have reached the height where the floor plates are consistent the towers are rising quickly.

Shots from a grey November showing recent progress. Grey spandrel seems superfluous in a city with our climate at this time of year. At least some autumn sun shines through on the city core. And the walk was pleasant even on such a day. There. Is going to be extensive work on part if the shore of the park to provide more habitat for fish and wildlife. Two “nodes” for fishing are planned. (Good idea, odd term, IMO)

A section of each tower has what looks like plywood mounted. Backing for some form of cladding? I can’t see what it might be on the renders. Edit: it is for the construction lifts.

Earlier today. The spandrels, best seen in the middle images, are a good pair with the windows.

DSC05868.jpg
DSC05869.jpg
DSC05870.jpg
DSC05871.jpg
DSC05872.jpg

Attachments

• DSC05868.jpg
    DSC05868.jpg
    318.8 KB · Views: 523
  • DSC05869.jpg
    DSC05869.jpg
    324.5 KB · Views: 638
  • DSC05870.jpg
    DSC05870.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 676
  • DSC05871.jpg
    DSC05871.jpg
    367.5 KB · Views: 493
  • DSC05872.jpg
    DSC05872.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 525
Thank goodness the spandrel at least matches the glass, here's hoping the balcony glass will be great.

But I agree- this area needs better transit, and some finer grain development as well.

Yah, I recognize that GO can be an option in the future, and that cycling downtown is relatively painless from here.

But this needs the WWLRT.
I don’t understand the fetishism for the WWLRT - as currently envisioned.

The ride times would be comparable to the existing 501 (if King and Bay is your destination) maybe longer if there is no connection to Union. There are no trip generators or destinations for folks from HBS from HBS all the way to downtown. Unless you count Exhibition which I don’t.

The WWLRT is a great reliever and backup for the 501 which is why I hope it goes ahead - eventually. At this point the best option and the most bang for your buck is GO.

I don’t understand the fetishism for the WWLRT - as currently envisioned.

The ride times would be comparable to the existing 501 (if King and Bay is your destination) maybe longer if there is no connection to Union. There are no trip generators or destinations for folks from HBS from HBS all the way to downtown. Unless you count Exhibition which I don’t.

The WWLRT is a great reliever and backup for the 501 which is why I hope it goes ahead - eventually. At this point the best option and the most bang for your buck is GO.
As currently envisioned - it was another one of David Millers' glorified streetcars, albeit one with significantly greater capacity.

I was hoping that the Waterfront Transit Reset would look at ways of improving planned performance and service. I'm not quite sure where we stand today on it.

I wouldn't be happy about the GO option unless there was fare integration, if I was a local resident.

Travel times under the new waterfront reset plan will likely be a bit faster than the 501 / Transit City plan. Not a lot though, the only big difference between the plans from my understanding is that the city is now planning to reconfigure the bathurst/lake shore intersection, which should save a few minutes. It'll probably take about 30 minutes to get to Union from Park Lawn.

As currently envisioned - it was another one of David Millers' glorified streetcars, albeit one with significantly greater capacity.

I was hoping that the Waterfront Transit Reset would look at ways of improving planned performance and service. I'm not quite sure where we stand today on it.

I wouldn't be happy about the GO option unless there was fare integration, if I was a local resident.
A large chunk of the recent ~5 years cohort moving in work downtown. This is why the voices for the station are much louder and applying much more pressure. Nobody here minds paying $10 a day to get to work in 25 mins - walking time included. This is a dream for people here. People are paying $13 a day to ride the 145 express which is stuck in traffic almost its entire length.

Glass is looking good so far

Back