East Harbour | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | O.M.A.

Edward Skira

http://skyrisecities.com
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
No point in looking back to the 1960's/1970's version of the company. Different leaders and owners with different needs and visions. 16 York has little in common with the TD Centre.

I've heard through the grapevine that $730 million was the purchase price. No idea if accurate.

Northern Light

Member Bio
Reaction score
Something I heard the other day leads me to believe a lead lessee may be in place or at least in advanced negotiation.

One would rather hope so if that price is in fact the case.

Automation Gallery

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I've heard just under $700m from someone in the company.
Greater Toronto office market offers Q3 surprises: Avison Young
The most notable deal of the quarter was Cadillac Fairview‘s purchase of the East Harbour site from First Gulf and its partners for a reported $690 million. The largely vacant 38-acre site is located three kilometres east of the downtown core, with capacity for more than 10 million square feet of commercial space

maestro

Member Bio
Reaction score
No point in looking back to the 1960's/1970's version of the company. Different leaders and owners with different needs and visions. 16 York has little in common with the TD Centre.

I've heard through the grapevine that $730 million was the purchase price. No idea if accurate.
Brookfield Properties is closer to the old Fairview Corp. That built the TD Cantre. Bronfman Family.

maestro

Member Bio
Reaction score
Greater Toronto office market offers Q3 surprises: Avison Young
The most notable deal of the quarter was Cadillac Fairview‘s purchase of the East Harbour site from First Gulf and its partners for a reported $690 million. The largely vacant 38-acre site is located three kilometres east of the downtown core, with capacity for more than 10 million square feet of commercial space
What a flip! Not one dime of the $30 million land transfer tax will likely have to be paid either.

Last edited:

Edward Skira

http://skyrisecities.com
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Brookfield Properties is closer to the old Fairview Corp. That built the TD Cantre. Bronfman Family.
@maestro

Fairview was the Montreal Bronfman family. They built the TD Centre. Brookfield (formerly Brascan) was the Toronto Bronfman family (the ones kicked out of Seagram). They had nothing to do with this. Phyllis Lambert (Sam Bronfman's daughter) was the one that got Mies to do both the Seagram tower in NY and the TD Centre.

Jacob Lisgar

Member Bio
Reaction score
Holy shit, $690 Million, now thats a whopper of a deal. Was there a broker involved? that wouldve made a nice commission cheque.

Lyphe

Member Bio
Reaction score
Lol ... I'm trying to imagine how that final scene unfolded with Frank's hand behind Barbara, but not actually touching her.