Toronto East Harbour '1B' Office Tower | 218.55m | 44s | Cadillac Fairview | Kohn Pedersen Fox

There's some sense investing in a billion dollar elephant office tower to unlock residential development. Condos are selling like hotcakes at $200,000 below asking.
I highly doubt that they will have to build an office tower to begin residential/retail. This rendering is all that we will see! It may be a sort of bargaining chip being used by the City to get certain asks, though.?
Lol

Last edited:
Yup, unless something changes with the office market, I doubt CF is building this. They will pursue trying to change entitlements for a longgg time before biting a billion-dollar bullet.

Who knows though, maybe the office market will come around. Vacancies do seem to have bottomed out, especially for high-quality space. Give it another couple of years after CF have gotten through the first res phase here, they may actually be able to lease an office building here. Nothing is forever.

That makes me wonder if we'll have another Downsview Park GO situation at East Harbour - the mass transit infrastructure is in place before any sort of nearby development, so the station only serves as a TTC-GO transfer point for most users.

Better than the other way around where we have nothing and a large population.

That makes me wonder if we'll have another Downsview Park GO situation at East Harbour - the mass transit infrastructure is in place before any sort of nearby development, so the station only serves as a TTC-GO transfer point for most users.

1724173688891.png

I highly doubt that they will have to build an office tower to begin residential/retail. This rendering is all that we will see! It may be a sort of bargaining chip being used by the City to get certain asks, though.?
Lol
Me too when I said elephant office tower with condos selling at $200,000 below asking.

Back