Toronto East FiftyFive | 83.21m | 24s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

May 30th updates. Seems like another level of window wall installed, and weather proofing on the mechanical level is being applied.

IMG_7103.jpg
IMG_7104.jpg
IMG_7091.jpg
IMG_7093.jpg
IMG_7098.jpg

More cabinetry delivered for installation - fourth floor. The glazing is so reflective, it's hard to see in.
IMG_7101.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7092.jpg
    IMG_7092.jpg
    633.2 KB · Views: 306
This is what window-wall should look like all the time.

Seriously. I know Lamb is not really liked around here for his views & that it's been said before, the man rarely cuts corners and more often than not, delivers a quality product. It's not a particularly landmark building that will draw crowds but it's a solid addition to the neighbourhood!

His buildings are okay. His opinions are not. Thankfully for him though, the former brings home the bacon for him.

... the man rarely cuts corners and more often than not, delivers a quality product.

Except that his buildings don't have garbage chutes because he probably thinks that it's a waste of sellable area, so there's that. If you "live in a lamb" you walk your garbage and recycling down to the garbage room. I appreciate the execution of this building though.

Except that his buildings don't have garbage chutes because he probably thinks that it's a waste of sellable area, so there's that. If you "live in a lamb" you walk your garbage and recycling down to the garbage room. I appreciate the execution of this building though.
The Brant Park has garbage chutes...

I have heard that at least one of his buildings does not have a tri-sorter because it cost too much money to install. The tri-sorting buttons are on the chute door, but there is only one bin at the bottom.

Ah. I guess some or most of his buildings don't have garbage chutes. At least that's what I've heard and seen in architectural drawings.
Before stating that all, or most, or some Lamb buildings don't have garbage chutes, you want to verify which ones actually don't, maybe? I have friends in Theatre Park and I've never seen anyone carrying garbage downstairs in the elevators. Seems like a totally odd claim.

The King East also has garbage and recycling chutes, as well as organics button sorters...

Before stating that all, or most, or some Lamb buildings don't have garbage chutes, you want to verify which ones actually don't, maybe? I have friends in Theatre Park and I've never seen anyone carrying garbage downstairs in the elevators. Seems like a totally odd claim.

I'll correct myself and say that some of his newer buildings clearly don't indicate chutes in the architectural plans, specifically the narrower buildings like Wellington House, Bauhaus, and the proposed tower beside East 55 (although the plans still seem like they're missing information since its still in its early stages). In some of his other buildings I recall the drawings only showing one chute (which is still a cut corner). I'm not going to go through drawing sets and pull out specific examples, but if you feel like investigating this further to prove me wrong, please do. I'm just stating what I've witnessed in architectural plans made public.

I'll correct myself and say that some of his newer buildings clearly don't indicate chutes in the architectural plans, specifically the narrower buildings like Wellington House, Bauhaus, and the proposed tower beside East 55 (although the plans still seem like they're missing information since its still in its early stages). In some of his other buildings I recall the drawings only showing one chute (which is still a cut corner). I'm not going to go through drawing sets and pull out specific examples, but if you feel like investigating this further to prove me wrong, please do. I'm just stating what I've witnessed in architectural plans made public.
yeah tons of mis information. all lamb buildings have chutes... not sure how a building could not have chutes. Ive lived in theatre park, king charlotte, the ninety, the brant park and pretty much whatever other lamb projects have been up and they have garbage chutes. it is a standard. no idea why they are not in the plans but you only have to bring down huge garbage( like any other building in the city) and the tri sorter that someone brought up doesnt ring true either because the buildings did have a recycling button on the chutes

Back