Toronto Dupont Towns | ?m | 3s | Originate

Brick is done and scaffolding down. Photo taken November 21:

PXL_20201121_184440738.MP-01.jpeg

Can't believe I bear @AlbertC to the news! ;)

Looking at that first pic, you know, the homes are so close to the roadway that I'd be legitimately pretty worried about drivers crashing into my living room.

The lack of some modest set-back from Dupont Street and narrow sidewalks just overwhelms the lot.

If only they could /would have bought the neighbouring detached house to the south, ....

The lack of any form of setbacks on this project is unfortunate. Really cheapens the final product. Even though, as with much mediocre real estate in this city, it will sell.

Setbacks are an issue because it limits ground level outdoor space, especially for presumably family buyers of luxury homes in the Annex. If they are selling this project as a luxury product, then outdoor space is considered essential, so is some level privacy (set back from neighbours). Most buyers don't equate rooftop patios to match what a backyard extending out of bright kitchen can provide, especially for those seeking the idea of an "Annex home". There's also much competition for that in in neighbourhood, albite at a slight markup,, hence the cheapen remark.

These are reminding me slightly of the townhouses at U-condos on Bay /Charles. which continuously tend to lag on the market, and sell below asking because of some similar issues, although I'll admit they also suffer from an added two tower condos on top and being on a very busy intersection.

What do you want? It's a tiny lot. There's more room around back.

I want a grand entrance with front lawns and manicured gardens in the back!

Kidding aside, it's not what I want. It's what a potential buyer might want, at what I'm assuming would be hefty price, with lots of competing luxury product sitting on the market.

Also, what a pedestrian on Dupont might want, but who cares about that, it's Toronto after all :)

Back