Toronto Dundas Square Gardens | 156.05m | 50s | Gupta | IBI Group

Unfortunately not. But if memory serves it was predominately grey masonry with black granite details. It was a Government of Canada office but not particularly well maintained.

Unfortunately not. But if memory serves it was predominately grey masonry with black granite details. It was a Government of Canada office but not particularly well maintained.

I think I saw a picture of it in the background of one of the "Then and Now" shots...

The Hilton Garden Inn brings back fond teenage memories. But other than that, this building is vulgar and needs to be destroyed asap. I'm looking forward to its redevelopment. Sounds highly promising based on the description by torplanner, here.

A friend of mine who lives around the corner says that based on his memory it used to be a white brick building with those shiny types of white brick. Is that possible?

A friend of mine who lives around the corner says that based on his memory it used to be a white brick building with those shiny types of white brick. Is that possible?

I think it was a sort of textured grey concrete panel. I recall going by on the streetcar in the late 90s and marvelling at how decrepit it looked. Here's how it looked in the 60's (via "CHUCKMAN'S OTHER COLLECTION (TORONTO POSTCARDS) VOLUME 03":

DundasMutual1960s.jpg

Last edited:
I'd pay serious money for that vintage Coca-Cola sign on the Warwick Hotel (post #83). I wonder if it's still laying around somewhere, in a Parkdale antique shop maybe?

I'd pay serious money for that vintage Coca-Cola sign on the Warwick Hotel (post #83). I wonder if it's still laying around somewhere, in a Parkdale antique shop maybe?

It looks it's painted on the wall of the other building.

200 Dundas Street East - Zoning Amendment Application – Final Report

The applicant's proposal has changed significantly from the original submission in October, 2011. A summary of the revisions are outlined below. The applicant is now proposing to construct a 45-storey (down from 48) mixed-use condominium building that includes a 16-storey base building. A second 35-storey tower has been removed. The proposed height of the building at the tallest point is 145 metres (down from 151.85 metres).

The applicant is now proposing 767 units (up from 693 units), amenity space has increased overall from 2,567 m2
to 2,800 m2, car parking has increased from 367 spaces to 405 spaces and bicycle parking has increased from 701 spaces to 786 spaces. The total proposed gross floor area ("GFA") of the project is 56,270 m2 (down from 61,500 m2) and the floor space index ("FSI") has been reduced from 19.01 to 17.70.

The tower form would be rectangular in shape with a floor plate of approximately 900 m2, which is an increase from 782 m2 originally proposed with the two tower plan. The base of the building would transition to 14 storeys to the east and then would transition to four storeys going north along George Street. The base would also transition down to 3 storeys at the rear and 8 storeys as it meets the Jenny-Green Co-op on Jarvis Street.

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2013/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-59127.pdf

Last edited:
With the Easton Group's involvement could we expect a hotel component in this new development?

Back