Toronto Downtown Condos at Wellington West | 36.57m | 11s | Parallax | Sweeny &Co

This property was recently sold. So, those of you that have access to whom this property was purchased, let it fly!

wellington.jpg

Seeing all of those biege stucco boxmall behemoths on their site doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Block sold for $4,400,000 to Portwell Development

Downtown by Parallax Investment Corp.
508 Wellington W., www.thisisdowntown.ca, info@thisisdowntown.ca, from $200,000 to $1,000,000.

Downtown is a new condo and townhouse project by Parallax Investment Corp. currently in preconstruction at 508 Wellington W. in King West, Toronto, Ontario. The project is scheduled for completion in 2012. Condos/TownHouses range in price from $200,000 to $1,000,000. The project has a total of 89 units.

by Sweeny Sterling Finlayson & Co. Architects Inc. 11 storeys.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sneaky--selling cheaper units next door to Freed's highend loft building. Looks okay, if rather conservative compared to Freed's offering.

Last edited:
^Their record isn't very impressive. Granted, they stopped building eyesores in Toronto c.2001. So we'll have to see whether these guys get their groove on in Freedville.

"Parallax Investment Corporation is a privately owned and operated real estate development company founded by Owen Lawson in 1981. Over the years Parallax has successfully completed every one of the over 75 significant development and investment ventures we have taken on and currently have over $120 million of development under construction."

75 developments? What have you done since 1981? For that matter what has Mr. Freed done? 4 trendy buildings in 5 years? The paint isn't even dry on 550 Wellington and you are already anointing him the king. Easy buddy. Respect please.

Last edited:
I was wondering what was going to happen with the abandoned houses on this site. Pretty nice infill. That cute cafe on the corner is really going to feel the squeeze though...

The cute little cafe is actually Bar Wellington, a drinking spot popular with the locals. With the recent fire at the Old York, the loss of this place would be pretty bad.

I've noted that the windows once proposed for the west wall are no longer in evidence on the render (Dermott Sweeny provided a nice windowed version at a past community meeting). This would suggest that Bar Welly's days are numbered, and that the street and nearby park will end up with a blank wall facing onto them for a while.

The cute little cafe is actually Bar Wellington, a drinking spot popular with the locals. With the recent fire at the Old York, the loss of this place would be pretty bad.

I've noted that the windows once proposed for the west wall are no longer in evidence on the render (Dermott Sweeny provided a nice windowed version at a past community meeting). This would suggest that Bar Welly's days are numbered, and that the street and nearby park will end up with a blank wall facing onto them for a while.

I believe Bar Wellington recently received heritage status. So it should still be there for a long while.

That's good news. Then again, I have to wonder why the windowed version vanished. It was superior to the blank wall.

Back