Toronto Downtown Condos at Wellington West | 36.57m | 11s | Parallax | Sweeny &Co

The fake wood looks terrible. It's obviously not, but it looks like it's faded, warped, falling off, and peeling.

I don't mind the blandness on the outside but doesn't look too good on the inside either...based on the units I've seen.

Someone else in this forum said it well recently, that a building's exterior is it's contribution to the city. The stuff on the inside has to meet certain standards or it simply won't sell. And if an owner chooses they can renovate. Not so with an exterior, unless it's old and in need of a renovation/restoration. I think first and foremost an architects job is to design a building that enhances the street, and the city.

there's so little wood siding on the exterior you would think the architect or developer is willing to splurge on a higher quality wood or wood-like product to make a better impact. They should have looked two doors over at 500 Wellington as a good example -- the wood soffits over the balconies there are beautiful.

The panels look dirty. Perhaps they just need to be cleaned. Stained wood is generally a bad idea for cladding because you have to restain it every 5-10 years or it'll end up looking dull and pointless.

Honestly, it's not that bad. You might notice the defects after staring at it for a while, but it's a fairly well done urbanist building as compared to say, Fly Condos.

Honestly, it's not that bad. You might notice the defects after staring at it for a while, but it's a fairly well done urbanist building as compared to say, Fly Condos.

Is that what it comes down to? Stare at it until my eyes are numbed to it? Sorry to sound sarcastic, but that's a sad commentary.

Jan 31st

IMG_0239.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0239.jpg
    IMG_0239.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 966
It's looking better as they close in on completion… of course. Once they get it all cleaned up and landscaped, I don't see there being anything to complain about here.

The colour of the "composite wood system" material adds warmth and helps the building blend with those on either side of it.

Back