Toronto DNA3 | ?m | 15s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Hans, you seem to be well informed. The sale has been registered, and the purchaser is Canderel Stoneridge. They built "DNA" in the same neighbourhood. The sale price was $22 million, which is equivalent to $305.77 per square foot for the site of 71,950 square feet.

I saw a Volvo banner on this property today. Strangely, it's just an ad for Volvo, it doesn't actually say a Volvo dealership is coming here (I think).

Did this site change hands again?

Hans, you seem to be well informed. The sale has been registered, and the purchaser is Canderel Stoneridge. They built "DNA" in the same neighbourhood. The sale price was $22 million, which is equivalent to $305.77 per square foot for the site of 71,950 square feet.

It would be interesting to see how many storeys get proposed/built which will dilute the cost substantially.

YES!

I love Canderel, I know they will do the site justice!

one of the best developers in my opinion!

Well, if DNA 3 is anything similar to DNA 2, we are doomed to see just another ho-hum project.

DNA 1 was unique; DNA 2 cheapened everything from the removal of sliding doors, made what were standard features upgrades, etc.

I agree. I bought in DNA 1 (of course they didn't tell us there would be a DNA2 at the time) and while the outside of the two buildings is similar and the interior corridors/lobby is aesthetically the same, the interior of the units are like night and day - lower ceilings, etc.. Almost embarassed to share the DNA name now (although it seems to have some cache for some reason or another).

my impression is that Canderel generally builds a good solid product ... even though some UT memebers hate RoCP, I think it was a well design + built building, you hear good things from people living in it ~

my same feelings apply to other Canderel Stoneridge projects where it be DNA, Newport Beach, and The Waterford (multi-towers in Etobicoke) ... I look forward on a good lookin' development proposal on this site :D

Details

Site Address: 1030 King Street West
PIN #: 212980043
Roll #: 190404143500100
Transfer Date: May 9, 2008
Vendor: DaimerChrysler Canada Inc.
Purchaser: 1030 King General Partner Inc. (I guess this is Canderal Stoneridge?)

^ Either that, or Chrysler is changing, ie. making ever-crappier cars and ultimately going out of business.

A car dealership in that location, while maybe appropriate 10 years ago, is completely out of whack now and quite frankly Volvo is insulting the intelligence of the people who live in the area specifically because they don't have to own a car. I hope it goes under...and fast. I'd rather have the empty parking lot.

A car dealership in that location, while maybe appropriate 10 years ago, is completely out of whack now and quite frankly Volvo is insulting the intelligence of the people who live in the area specifically because they don't have to own a car. I hope it goes under...and fast. I'd rather have the empty parking lot.

I'd think that many would still want a car for occasional use. It's obviously convenient for larger shopping trips, weekend trips, and longer vacations. Besides, King Street is used by people from a wide range of neighbourhoods. But I know what you're getting at, that the emerging urban neighbourhood is better off with businesses which are useful to locals on regular basis and some more density.

Back