Toronto Daniels Waterfront - City of the Arts | 156.05m | 45s | Daniels | RAW Design

There are stabbings and shootings all over the city...Shopping malls, Schools, on the streets, Office buildings, homes...

That's not the point at all, those tend to be random and don't occur on a consistent basis .. I have many first and second hand accounts of things that have went on in and around this club (generally not reported), of course all clubs can have issues but this seems to be one of the worst.

Lets not generalize too much, shall we?

Do read my next post, I'm not generalizing at all, I'm referring to this club in particular.

Anyway, we can agree to disagree - I will say while I do think this was a factor I don't think it was very significant as others have pointed out, the pricing here is really the key issue. I think my point was on to say young families, something this area could attract in theory, they'd likely not want to be located right a cross the street from a very large sized club venue.

small world indeed ;)

On one hand, I'm sad to see it go, but also understand that it couldn't stay in the area when everything around it is booming.

it'll be exciting to see what the final designs will be.
Woah! Long time no see! Welcome back.

Well, the rest of the city seems to be catching up today to what we've known since May 22, 2013. The Star's story on the Guvernment closing early next year has apparently ignited a flurry of media calls to Daniels. They've responded with this statement:

MEDIA STATEMENT
Niall Haggart, Executive Vice President of The Daniels Corporation released the following statement today regarding the East Bayfront at Toronto’s Waterfront.

TORONTO, May 8, 2014,… “We are excited to confirm that The Daniels Corporation has purchased 2.8 acres of land in Toronto’s East Bayfront community, along the water’s edge in downtown Toronto. The site is bordered by Lake Shore Boulevard to the North, Queens Quay to the South, Richardson Street to the East and Lower Jarvis Street to the West.

Located at the gateway of Toronto’s emerging East Bayfront, Daniels Waterfront will be a master-planned, mixed-use community that will represent the ultimate urban lifestyle experience where everyone will love where they live, work and play.

As the developer of TIFF Bell Lightbox, and with our continuing work in the Regent Park Revitalization, Daniels has created some of Toronto’s most important mixed-use communities, and we look forward to bringing our 30 years of experience in master planning and city building to the corner of Jarvis and Queens Quay.

Daniels shares in Waterfront Toronto’s vision to ‘put people first and reconnect Toronto with the Waterfront’, and we continue to work together with the City of Toronto, Waterfront Toronto and area stakeholders to realize the collective vision of a revitalized waterfront and bring this incredible community to life.”

Last edited:
"Daniels Waterfront will be a master-planned, mixed-use community that will represent the ultimate urban lifestyle experience where everyone will love where they live, work and play".

Why do they feel that this sort of bs is necessary? Makes the release sound hucksterish and tawdry.

Every company puts out a little Public Relations spin with their press releases. With Daniels' Regent Park work setting the example, and with both RAW and Giannone Petricone in on the design here, we can be relatively assured that we'll get something "ultimate urban" here!

Its exciting watching emergent neighourhoods with distinct characteristics take shape. At some point - this project, East Bayfront, Distillery District, and West Donlands/River City will expand beyond their respective 'hubs' to link up. I think Toronto may lead the world in the sheer number of newly created neighbourhoods in the true sense - adding Regent Park, The Well, Cityplace, SouthCore. Cool stuff, and thrilling. Our Planners have done a world-class job on those files.

Application: Demolition Folder (DM) Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5A 3Y5

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 14 215329 DEM 00 DM Accepted Date: Sep 2, 2014

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Demolition

Description: Proposal to demolish existing 2 storey mixed use, commercial building. Address includes 130 and 132 Queens Quay E

Back