Toronto CrystalBlu Condos | ?m | 36s | Bazis | Burka

Any loss will most likely be claimed under a Builder's risk (course of construction) insurance policy. Its only at that time a claims adjuster will complete a proper investigation into the cause of the fire with the help of the fire department and determine the responsible party. In any event, the building owner and general contractor are usually named as insureds. Say the cause was due to a defective welding gas tank, the insurer will go after their insurance for indemnity and so on. I doubt anything being built at these constructions values can proceed without proof of insurance being in place.

I've seen lots of fires in under construction buildings (and been responsible for a couple), we just generally get them out before there's any real damage or before 911 gets involved

April 2 walk:

Attachments

• blu_1s.jpg
    blu_1s.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 244
The fire was almost certainly the work of Lee Harvey Oswald and Osama Bin Laden. They teamed up with DB Cooper and Elvis.

Tiny little detail I noticed today-- one of the windows above the mild setback the tower has on the west facade is in fact a door that opens out onto the setback. RANDOM!

It's the one I've circled in red: (original pic. by Caltrane)

crystalbludoor.jpg

Burnt Blu

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Regarding the recent fire incident.

A rumor I picked up today while in the area.

Someone on a higher balcony could have thrown a lit cigarette butt (or other lit item) at the Crystal Blu from the adjacent brown building. Looking at the space between the buildings, it doesn't look impossible. Or with a makeshift slingshot more so.

Only a rumor.

4374912694_364288bd90_b.jpg

Last edited:
Some of today's photos are a little fuzzy due to the smoggy conditions

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Back