Toronto CrystalBlu Condos | ?m | 36s | Bazis | Burka

I'll admit to being sceptical about this one, based on the renderings....

Turning out way better than expected...:)

Agreed. The lack of blue is still really disappointing, I think it would have worked out so well and likely would have become a favorate of mine. That said, I'm loving the anorexic, slim profile of this building - we have so few of these sliver-like towers in Toronto. I'm envisioning that this is going to contrast well against Uptown when all is said and done. That said, I wouldn't want to live in any of the units of these two buildings which face each other so closely.

IMG_nov-08-09-0091.jpg
I think this is the best I've seen this tower look so far. Once the grey concrete starts to disappear and the balcony glass starts showing up, this is going to start looking really pretty.

I know alot of people complained how faded/ugly the glass looked when the first few panels were installed on Crystal... But know that I actually see more of the tower being clad in glass... It actually doesn't look THAT bad (just a little) anymore... It matches with the sky on a clear day... Good thing it's skinny though!.. it looks TALL!

***from that angle ^^^ it matches Manulifes size quite nicely! (skinny sides)

Indeed, it looks tall - a good fit for the area. What I find exciting is when uptown dwarfs crystalblu, we'll get even more height :) These two towers look quite charming next to one another

Indeed, it looks tall - a good fit for the area. What I find exciting is when uptown dwarfs crystalblu, we'll get even more height :) These two towers look quite charming next to one another

Yeah... it's good for the area as it "modernizes" the older architecture in that area (manulife, etc...) However, it kinda clashes with the surrounding architecture and it's kinda changing the overall look of yorkville... The Yorkville skyline always reminds be sort of an older Manhattan area... Most of the yorkville area is older more classic to classical modern architecture (like Manulife, Uptown, BSN, and the upcoming Four Seasons)... Casa did something different and it's followed by Crystal... i don't mind it at al but it can look awkward sometimes....

Uptown kinda clashes with Crystal in so many ways (architecture, height, colour, etc...) and it will make Crystal look alot shorter but lets pray it works out!... we gotta think positive :D

Uptown kinda clashes with Crystal in so many ways (architecture, height, colour, etc...) and it will make Crystal look alot shorter but lets pray it works out!... we gotta think positive :D

I find the difference in styles refreshing. I'm hoping Uptown uses light grey, light brown or similar tinted glass (if they use green glass I may harm myself) and I think the two will not only serve to freshen up the area but compliment each other fairly well.

A reminder of the scale to expect. Facing east here.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Last edited:
I cant wait for uptown to be built. It looks amazing.....,.. thanks for the comparison dt, there will be huge difference in hight.

I DO like how Uptown and Crystal Blu's podiums match up in height perfectly though... They compliment each other!... (that's what they have in common :))

***THANKS SO MUCH for posting that drawing dt!!!!... It's really cool to look at :D

Excellent. More grey on grey. It's easy to see how the Toronto Style has made us the envy of architectural communities the world over.

Back