News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.4K     3 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 683     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 940     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s

Caledonia Station is even deeper. It is at the crest of the hill going down to Keelesdale Station.

image-7.png
From link.

The bored tunnels are deep to reduce the transmission of vibration and noise to the surface. Should be quieter than the Line 2 Bloor-Danforth, which was cut-n-cover.

Last edited:
Caledonia Station is even deeper. It is at the crest of the hill going down to Keelesdale Station.

image-7.png
From link.

The bored tunnels are deep to reduce the transmission of vibration and noise to the surface. Should be quieter than the Line 2 Bloor-Danforth, which was cut-n-cover.
With lighter trains and deeper tunnels, I doubt there will be any noticeable transmission of noise or vibration to nearby residents.

The deep tunnels will be great bomb shelters if we are ever unlucky enough for World War 3.

That sounds like it would be nice but knowing the city, we will get union station 2.0 art
I know people like to complain about the Union Station Art, and while I get people's complaints about it, I personally think its fine. I think the problem isn't that its moody and depressing, but that it's the only major station with an art installation and is compounded by having a sad tone.

I know people like to complain about the Union Station Art, and while I get people's complaints about it, I personally think its fine. I think the problem isn't that its moody and depressing, but that it's the only major station with an art installation and is compounded by having a sad tone.
Art is subjective anyway. Personally, I quite like the art at Union (and also Pape), but I'm not keen on the older 70s stuff and find some of the other newer station art (like in all the Sheppard line stations) kinda boring.

^ This would actually be a good place to have a radiant snow melting system. (for safety, environment, and comfort)
If public transit had a higher priority than the auto, we could have had that installed. The rich elite motorists don't see a need for it.

In the beginning of the 20th century, the rich elite had their latest plaything, the automobile,. Because they were also on city council, they ordered the city to plow the streets for them to use their playthings, at the city's expense. Before the auto, their horses were able to pull their sleights through the snow. However, the auto get stuck in the snow, unless their path is plowed.

Last edited:

image-7.png
From link.

I believe the tunnel is so deep between Keelesdale and Caledonia station (and the station itself) is because the "off-the-shelf" LRVs couldn't possibly handle such a steep grade (uphill) if the tunnels were to follow the grade of the street above between Keele and just west of Caledonia.

Back