News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.1K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 450     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Surprised to see the "stop request" function included.
I'm always surprised to see buttons on the outside of GO Train cars too.

Are they any good photos of the rear of these things? They are supposed to only have one cab, but all the photos I see, always seem to have the cab end, with windscreen wipers, etc.

And the official news release.

Ontario Unveils Light Rail Vehicles for Eglinton Crosstown LRT
May 22, 2019
Taking the Next Step to Get Ontarians Moving and Deliver on Our Transit Plan
ETOBICOKE - Kinga Surma, Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Transportation unveiled six new light rail vehicles that will be used on the future Eglinton Crosstown LRT line.
To better serve the community, Premier Ford committed to extending the Eglinton Crosstown LRT project farther west into Etobicoke, and to connect one of the largest employment centres in the region. A majority of the extension will be underground to help keep people and goods moving on one of the area's busiest roadways.
"The progress we are making on the Eglinton Crosstown LRT project is great news for people who have been waiting a long time for easier access to Toronto's subways," said PA Surma. "These light rail vehicles represent the first step towards the next generation of public transit in our region and will connect more people throughout Toronto with new jobs and opportunities."
PA Surma was joined by Robin Martin, MPP, Eglinton-Lawrence, Phil Verster, Metrolinx President and CEO, Rick Leary, CEO of the TTC, and Bill Henry, President and Project Director for Crosslinx Transit Solutions, to celebrate the exciting milestone of the Eglinton Crosstown LRT project.
The public will have the opportunity to tour the Eglinton Crosstown LRT Maintenance and Storage Facility and see the new light rail vehicles on Saturday, May 25, 2019, as part of Doors Open Toronto.
Scheduled to go into service in 2021, the vehicles being tested today will make life easier for people by helping them travel up to 60 per cent faster than similar trips by bus today. Commuters will also have integrated connections to 54 bus routes, three subways stations, three GO Train lines and the UP Express.

QUICK FACTS
• The Eglinton Crosstown LRT is a 19-kilometre, 25-stop rapid transit line running along Eglinton Avenue between Mount Dennis and Kennedy Subway Station.
• The Eglington Crosstown light rail vehicles will carry 5,500 people per hour in both directions along Eglinton Avenue during peak periods, up to 60 per cent faster than a similar trip takes by bus today.

QUOTES
"Our customers are going to have a phenomenal experience,” said Phil Verster, Metrolinx President and CEO. “This is a very exciting milestone for the Eglinton Crosstown LRT project and for Metrolinx. Our commercial and project management with Bombardier is delivering what we expected."

" Delivering the Crosstown is more than just about the construction on and under Eglinton Avenue. That’s why receiving the first vehicles is such a significant milestone in moving the project forward,” said Bill Henry, Crosslinx Transit Solution’s President and Project Director. “It means we are now integrating them with the systems that will run the Crosstown, followed by testing and commissioning. And, we are doing this important work in close collaboration with Metrolinx, Bombardier and TTC."

Aren't those door open buttons as oppose to stop request buttons?
I'd assume so ... I doubt they'd have stop request buttons on the outside of the car!

Though on the inside of the Flexity doors, they have the same function. You press the button on the door, and the next stop light goes on.

Are they any good photos of the rear of these things? They are supposed to only have one cab, but all the photos I see, always seem to have the cab end, with windscreen wipers, etc.
They showed the non-cab end in this video at around 1:40 :

They showed the non-cab end in this video at around 1:40
Thanks! That looks rather disappointing compared to the TTC Flexities, which squeeze 8 seats above the step - despite the TTC streetcars being a bit narrower. Hopefully there's a lot of handholds - couldn't really see clearly in the video, as they didn't look up.

Odd that there doesn't seem to be any accessibility seating.

Metrolinx says that's because one it's in service, it will be considered as part of the subway system, and the underground TTC vehicles have a metal finish.

I call BS on Metrolinx' behalf. The subway cars themselves have always had dashes of color that would fit in with the TTC's pallet or just color in general. The T1s have the red doors, and the TRs have the red handrails. There are no excuses here. Also, a band of red doesn't really differentiate itself from the subway as a whole. The SRT has plenty of colors that resemble the buses, so I genuinely think this is a cost saving measure at this point, or part of Metrolinx' new black branding. Either way, it looks like shit.

Metrolinx says that's because one it's in service, it will be considered as part of the subway system, and the underground TTC vehicles have a metal finish.

its better than the green advertised in the early renderings, and better than orange or line colour so they can be used on different lines in the future

Thanks! That looks rather disappointing compared to the TTC Flexities, which squeeze 8 seats above the step - despite the TTC streetcars being a bit narrower. Hopefully there's a lot of handholds - couldn't really see clearly in the video, as they didn't look up.

Odd that there doesn't seem to be any accessibility seating.
Accessiblility seating is in the modules with double doors.

its better than the green advertised in the early renderings, and better than orange or line colour so they can be used on different lines in the future

Green or orange would be pretty sweet. And I don't get Metrolinx's reasoning to look like the subway. Well I would if it looked like the subway, which is silvery metal. This seems white. And with the dark grey strip seems a dead ringer for their recent black+white logo change. Maybe they should've went with the GO colour scheme.

Green or orange would be pretty sweet. And I don't get Metrolinx's reasoning to look like the subway. Well I would if it looked like the subway, which is silvery metal. This seems white. And with the dark grey strip seems a dead ringer for their recent black+white logo change. Maybe they should've went with the GO colour scheme.
Imagine them trying to copy the subway livery and then the TR 2's get a red livery. ?

Back