News   Jul 12, 2024
 892     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 802     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 333     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

My bet is that Eglinton and Finch both open before Ford is up for reelection in June 2026. So opening for both lines I predict to be within 24 months with Finch opening first.

https://www.metrolinx.com/en. Why is Crosstown under RT and Crosstown West under Subways according to Metrolinx.
Screenshot 2024-07-11 at 11.57.51 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-07-11 at 11.55.31 PM.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-11 at 11.55.31 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-11 at 11.55.31 PM.png
    84.1 KB · Views: 11
Probably because Eglinton West is a fully grade separated extension, meanwhile Crosstown has at grade segments. Its a distinction that creates a pretty silly distinction, but I imagine they're looking at these projects in complete isolation, and in isolation Eglinton West is a subway.
Screenshot 2024-07-12 at 12.04.34 AM.png

This is the only Eglinton West Subway I will accept.

I take it that the courses are conducted in modules and there is a separate module for the operation of the vehicle. why cant they all take that module together and the trainers then stay for their additional training to be instructors? this first batch or operators/trainers will all be coming with zero knowledge of how to drive these lrvs anyways so a combined group could theoretically work for the initial group.
I don't know what the training regimen that Crosslinx has concocted looks like, so I can't speak to it.

But the TTC' has a pretty thorough training program for subway operators, based on their 70+ years of experience operating subways. They are therefore likely inclined to train people "their way" because of this.

Dan

Probably because Eglinton West is a fully grade separated extension, meanwhile Crosstown has at grade segments. Its a distinction that creates a pretty silly separation, but I imagine they're looking at these projects in complete isolation, and in isolation Eglinton West is a subway.

That's logical, but I guess the reason is much simpler. ECLRT was a part of multi-line LRT plan, thus it found its place in the Rapid Transit file, and remains there. Eg West was a part of Doug Ford's 4 "subways" plan, and thus ended up in the Subways file.

Once Eg West gets built and is operationally joined to ECLRT, the whole thing will be in one file.

Back