News   May 03, 2024
 976     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 598     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 287     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Screenshot_2023-07-25_123625.jpg

ML communication should not be censored by Ford but if their excuse is that it is hurting ML reputation, it's a bit late for that.

ML communication should not be censored by Ford but if their excuse is that it is hurting ML reputation, it's a bit late for that.
i can see why they did it to begin with... verster in 2020 publically started the cat fight with crosslinx and this is the result of it. the ford govt is trying to prevent another public meltdown but obviously the pandoras box has been opened already.

I'm guessing this is a technicality. You're allowed to speak up so long as you're ready to face the consequences of what you say. Its as if I say "You can kill anyone you like, so long as you're ready to face whatever life sentences you're ready to face" - it might be true in the most technical senses.

bit my tongue on the construction/dbf aspect for too long. this project has dragged to the point it's an embarrassment on a provincial scale. "we're taking over transit because we'll build it faster, cheaper, better". #fail #fail #fail. The centrepiece of the Prov's grand transit plan, cut short on the west, and on the east, then on the west again, single phase to two, to three, to five phases. Just the first phase is well, well beyond its schedule (and we're still in the dark!).

bit my tongue on the construction/dbf aspect for too long. this project has dragged to the point it's an embarrassment on a provincial scale. "we're taking over transit because we'll build it faster, cheaper, better". #fail #fail #fail. The centrepiece of the Prov's grand transit plan, cut short on the west, and on the east, then on the west again, single phase to two, to three, to five phases. Just the first phase is well, well beyond its schedule (and we're still in the dark!).
Truthfully it would be terrible either way. It's either lazy and clueless ttc management or the partisan and equally lazy politicians

Truthfully it would be terrible either way. It's either lazy and clueless ttc management or the partisan and equally lazy politicians

The "either way" is comparing to TYSSE, the last subway project. Grandiose, costly, over time. We couldn't think it could get worse, nay this was supposed to be so much better. But this is worse.

Not to mention the East phase isn't even on the provinces radar anymore, it's a City project again. And is now a total separate line because MX made a direct connection impossible because of how they designed the SSE.

Not to mention the East phase isn't even on the provinces radar anymore, it's a City project again. And is now a total separate line because MX made a direct connection impossible because of how they designed the SSE.

Exactly. Upload it, then download it, then neglect it. And the west perversely upgraded to subway standards - which somehow will carry fewer riders and defies their core mantra about building things affordably. And even that's been split into a phased sometime whenever project.

Eglinton Crosstown is exemplary at building things slower, costlier, and more politically.

Eglington East will be a repeat of the Scarborough RT. A weird forced-transfer appendage of a line that should of just been an extension in the first place. And they have plenty of space for an elevated line out there...
Most riders are transferring to and from the subway, the ridership east and west of Kennedy is quite different, not at all worth the extra cost of a through line, and the operational issues with such a long line.

Most riders are transferring to and from the subway, the ridership east and west of Kennedy is quite different, not at all worth the extra cost of a through line, and the operational issues with such a long line.

The line will have to be split anyway but I want it to be where we can have one grade separated line and one at-grade line. Laird, or Science Centre if you can figure out how to eliminate that one crossing. Science Centre would also have the Ontario Line so it would be a great hub.

Yes exactly, and there are a large number of technical issues surrounding its ability to be connected to Line 5. The new case of the Eglinton East LRT better fits the local context.

Back