Toronto Couture The Condominium | ?m | 42s | Philmor | Graziani + Corazza

img0603g.jpg
[/URL]

That podium is bland and street-killing. This tower just shouldn't have even had a podium but if it must have one, they couldn't have done a worse job.

The podium looks a million times better now that the trim is installed. I don't see where the access for the retail unit is, tho?

I don't think the trim is finished yet. I can't judge from the picture but when I was down there last week, it seems like they still have to install the trim cap. I'm assuming that it'll be the same colour as the rest of the trim used throughout.

The lack of podiums in this area have really kicked up a new wind tunnel along here.

April 15 pics.......

The pics are a little fuzzy........

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 245
  • photo 7.jpg
    photo 7.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 251
  • photo 6.jpg
    photo 6.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 262
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 297
^^ Where is the retail that was promised with this building? From the pics above, I don't see any signs of retail. (which is a shame)

I'm more just annoyed at how lifeless and uninteresting that podium is... gives nothing to the street whatsoever.

^^ Where is the retail that was promised with this building? From the pics above, I don't see any signs of retail. (which is a shame)

Someone else mentioned that, I couldn't find any reference to retail space in the Staff Report. Sure your not thinking of X2? Also, the "podium" - or the street level of the building is completely different from those of the renderings to what we're seeing today.

This podium seems so superfluous and perfunctory (even more than most podiums, in my opinion). Why couldn't the whole building just come right out to the sidewalk, instead of the tiny setback?

This podium seems so superfluous and perfunctory (even more than most podiums, in my opinion). Why couldn't the whole building just come right out to the sidewalk, instead of the tiny setback?

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it to help reduce the wind tunnel effect (which X, 235 Bloor E. & Couture all lack, thus creating a new wind tunnel on Jarvis Street)?

Back