Toronto Couture The Condominium | ?m | 42s | Philmor | Graziani + Corazza

Looking at the opposite side of the building in the pics you posted. The side of the building facing Jarvis - the first floor of residences (3rd floor of the building). I'm positive that I can see tinted glass in the windows.

The reason why I asked what vantage point you were looking from is because I was at the front of Couture today and couldn't see any cladding or glass at all. I figure you have to be across the street to see anything on that 3rd floor because the resident units are setback from the podium. I'll look again tomorrow and try to snap some photos if I see anything.

The reason why I asked what vantage point you were looking from is because I was at the front of Couture today and couldn't see any cladding or glass at all. I figure you have to be across the street to see anything on that 3rd floor because the resident units are setback from the podium. I'll look again tomorrow and try to snap some photos if I see anything.

I was in the building across the street from both X and Couture.

This is where Couture fits into the skyline from the west end:

135mw.jpg

I've had to eat my words before when judging cladding too soon, so I'm putting this in the "wait and see" category.

I checked my contract and it says 2 to 18 are 8 ft. and 19 to 40 are 9 ft.

OK, I went with the "Couture Features" data sheet that I have on file when it was still 45 stories

OK, I went with the "Couture Features" data sheet that I have on file when it was still 45 stories

Yeah, they changed it along the way. I wasn't trying to be a 'stickler' for details, but i bought a unit on the 20th floor so your post alarmed me!

Yeah, they changed it along the way. I wasn't trying to be a 'stickler' for details, but i bought a unit on the 20th floor so your post alarmed me!

Details and facts are good so no problem at all, and sorry about the false alarm! :)

I think it's very appropriate cladding for Couture... with it being right next to X and future X2.

3 dark colored (and quite boring) tall boxes built right next to each other... I'll be falling asleep walking through this corner.

It's amazing to me that anyone could find X boring. I find my eyes constantly drawn to it; more than almost any other building north of Dundas. It's got a form and texture that cries out to be scrutinized.

Don't worry Ramako, most agree with you. X was after all, runner up to Seventy5 Portland at this year's Urban Design Awards.

It's amazing to me that anyone could find X boring. I find my eyes constantly drawn to it; more than almost any other building north of Dundas. It's got a form and texture that cries out to be scrutinized.

X is great. It's treatment of the mechanical box at the top, not so much.

I love X too, but don't forget The Met (south side of Carlton e. of Yonge) and it's shorter sister, Met Encore.

Back