Toronto Couture The Condominium | ?m | 42s | Philmor | Graziani + Corazza

I'll have a good vantage point of what is happening at the Western side of Couture.

[Taken today - 10/06/2011] - just about at ground level now.

couture-10-06-2011.jpg

From the west (facing east) today

It's been a while since we had a Couture update. Here's what's happening...

Fronting Ted Rogers Way. Work on the podium continues.
couture-13-07-2011-1.jpg

couture-13-07-2011-2.jpg

Facing South towers X condo.
couture-13-07-2011-3.jpg

Nothing much is happening or will be happening from my vantage point (my balcony). It seems the Western area will be completely landscaped, as seen in the last image;
couture-13-07-2011-4.jpg

couture-siteplan.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks for posting that cruzin4u, I don't recall that being put up here before. Does anyone have any idea if there will be an indoor connection from Couture to the (current) Bloor Walk pool?

Thanks for posting that cruzin4u, I don't recall that being put up here before. Does anyone have any idea if there will be an indoor connection from Couture to the (current) Bloor Walk pool?

I don't think so from what i recall. Think it will be open area on the west side of Couture.

Also, it appears the early stages of the west side of the building are taking shape. I paced it off the other day and it protrudes about 20 feet beyond the west end of X Condo.

I found the image on Monarch's website. Initially I had searched Couture in the database and couldn't find anything that really showed what was happening on the West end of the site. I figured may be Monarch had updated it's images on their page. Sure enough, I found the site plan there.

Surely there would have to be some sort of indoor connection. I can't imagine people walking outside in the Winter just to get to an indoor swimming pool. I guess we'll find out as construction progresses. I still don't understand why Couture does not have their own pool area. There is ample space on the West side for a pool, much like X condo has. The indoor pool at Bloor Walk isn't all that large, so I'm not sure what the logic behind sharing a pool was.

When Bloor Walk's two phases were first planned, the tower where Couture is going in now was nowhere near as large as Couture. Once Couture opens, it is conceivable that the pool will be busier at times than will be comfortable for some owners.

BTW, there are errors in that site plan: X Condo's podium is not 9 storeys of course, it's 2. Mistaken for X2 is suppose.

Wouldnt it be nice if the construction crew had ANY respect for the neighbours who have to put up with this construction???

Weekday construction often starting before 7AM

Saturday construction ofteh starting before 9am (Their request for 7am noise permit was not granted in June, although they did have one from Nov 2010 until June 2011)

Last night was the ultimate...Noise on the site even after 11pm, with lights as strong as the moon lighting up the area.

If there is any noise tonight, I will throw eggs at them from above!!

Wouldnt it be nice if the construction crew had ANY respect for the neighbours who have to put up with this construction???

Weekday construction often starting before 7AM

Saturday construction ofteh starting before 9am (Their request for 7am noise permit was not granted in June, although they did have one from Nov 2010 until June 2011)

Last night was the ultimate...Noise on the site even after 11pm, with lights as strong as the moon lighting up the area.

If there is any noise tonight, I will throw eggs at them from above!!

I was surprised that there was a worker last night curing the cement. He was out there till 12:30am it seemed. This is not the first time. I have seen workers curing cement before till the late night. Does the city fine the builder if they continue to work till the wee hours of the night?

I have become use to the noise. My solution use to be to close the windows, but I have found that it doesn't help all that much, since the sound flows through the ventilation system. Earplugs are definitely the best medicine.

I was surprised that there was a worker last night curing the cement. He was out there till 12:30am it seemed. This is not the first time. I have seen workers curing cement before till the late night. Does the city fine the builder if they continue to work till the wee hours of the night?

I have become use to the noise. My solution use to be to close the windows, but I have found that it doesn't help all that much, since the sound flows through the ventilation system. Earplugs are definitely the best medicine.

Contact your City Councillor Kristyn Wong-Tam and speak to one of her assistants at 416-392-7903 to report the infractions. They'll make things right.

Couture is slowly reaching the 3rd level.

couture-20-07-2011-1.jpg

Goodbye view. Welcome Couture to the neighbourhood.
couture-20-07-2011-2.jpg

couture-20-07-2011-3.jpg

couture-20-07-2011-4.jpg

Parking access fronting Ted Rogers Way. Entrance is just South of the Bloor Walk parking entrance.
couture-20-07-2011-5.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the consistent updates! I can't wait to start seeing the "H" portion rise!

I'm also holding my breath hoping the podium will look something like the following picture which they've posted on their website.

Attachments

• 4eeeb3ab-91e6-478e-a659-6dd68b9710f3_largeCommPhoto.jpg
    4eeeb3ab-91e6-478e-a659-6dd68b9710f3_largeCommPhoto.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 232

Back