Toronto Couture The Condominium | ?m | 42s | Philmor | Graziani + Corazza

I really like the horizontal bands :).

I'm curious from a construction point of view what the point of the missing black panels down the building's central spine are. There appears to be nothing but concrete behind, so why are certain panels missing? (They are all the same shape after all).

If I recall correctly, that's part of the design. Those panels will increase in number toward the top of the tower and will be illuminated.

The model showed them more clearly, but you can still kind of the see them in the renderings:

couturecondo1.jpg

http://www.condooutlet.com/couture-condos

Last edited:
I like it too, though I prefer X in terms of form and materials. Couture complements X very well, so it gets my approval.

Given Couture's position next to X, its boxy form, and its silvery finish, I find it somewhat reminiscent of Commerce Court West next to the TD Centre. Anybody else get that vibe?

31 July 2012: Stormy weather cannot hide how hideous this building looks compared to its aA/Wallman neighbours:

Thanks once again for your impartial opinion, but your absolutely insane if you actually think there's any discernible difference, other than their general figure, between the appearance of any of those buildings in the photo you just posted.

Thanks once again for your impartial opinion, but your absolutely insane if you actually think there's any discernible difference, other than their general figure, between the appearance of any of those buildings in the photo you just posted.

If it's not designed by aA or Wallman, he will say whatever ridiculous negative thing he can to get a reaction. Look at his posts about Sick Kids.

Honestly, just ignore it. Pretty much every rational and unbiased person has commented on how much of a pleasant surprise this is.

is confused as to why the render shows the indented section and top as being clad in gold and yet the final out come is black? just noticed this now. lol

I thought the podium of this building was supposed to contain retail? There is only one entrance to the podium, so it looks like there will be no retail. Was the plan changed or was there never a plan to put retail here? It's too bad because that would have been a good place for it.

This was raised some time ago, I couldn't find any reference to retail here, anyone else? There will be retail space at X2.

Back