Toronto Couture The Condominium | ?m | 42s | Philmor | Graziani + Corazza

I guess we know not to deal with Monarch in the future as this seems like incompetence to me on Monarchs part.

I really hope you get out of this fine and thanks for sharing as this is valuable information to all of us considering buying a condo from them.

I called today to the sales office again and the guy told me that no one from the head office replied to his email so I still need to wait. So unfair!!! It's almost a week and not even one update or clue what's going on. The prices are going up and I cannot purchase in a different project until I get my money back. So technically I continue to lose money. Anyone in the same situation? I'm planning to contact my lawyer next week if Monarch still ignores me and the sales agent. But my lawyer won't do it for free :confused:

I always thought Monarch was one of the "good guys". If what you say is true then all buyers and potential buyers should know their sleazy ways.

Even Bazis announced that 68+ floors buyers of 1BE can get their money back, how can Monarch not mention a word about the refund. I have always heard good things about Monarch that it is one of the most reputable builders in GTA, but now I doubt that.

I would be really suprised / disappointed if Monarch seriously has such 'not so professional' practice ... they are a great builder with a long standing (good) reputation, I HOPE this may just be a one time administration error

Good news

Good news….Today I visited the sales office and the reply from the head office arrived. So first they apologized for the incident, and the most important part is that they promised that my cheque will be ready by the end of this week with interest :eek:

So after all it was not so bad, they just move things really slow.

I do hope it's only a one time thing. Is Monarch still in an administrative mess after merging with Taylor Wimpey?

Taylor Woodrow ... and I didn't know it was a merger, thought they were the parent UK company - can anyone shed some light ?!?

Good news….Today I visited the sales office and the reply from the head office arrived. So first they apologized for the incident, and the most important part is that they promised that my cheque will be ready by the end of this week with interest :eek:

So after all it was not so bad, they just move things really slow.

glad to hear that. i'm wondering what the interest rate will be.

Should it be average from the rate of the deposit date til the current rate? The current rate is very close to nothing, the difference is quite a bit of money there.

Apparently Monarch are aware people are talking about them in this forum - thanks for internet and forums like Urban Toronto. I am pretty sure this is why they gave you quick(er) response janiv, we are watching!:cool:

Apparently Monarch are aware people are talking about them in this forum - thanks for internet and forums like Urban Toronto. I am pretty sure this is why they gave you quick(er) response janiv, we are watching!:cool:

True, in fact I think UT is a very good platform for buyers as well as developers to gather ideas and feedback. The response is even faster than writing to The Star or Globe and Mail! Way to go UT :)

I believe this is a new render on the street level.

From Monarch's website

couturepodium.jpg

I guess Monarch's doing whatever necessary to push Couture through the starting line ~ ;)

Couture: Special 1-day VIP Broker’s Event
Tue, Aug 25, 2009

Couture Condos by Monarch Developments will be holding a special 1-day only VIP Broker’s sales event on Wednesday (tomorrow). Please contact me if you are interested in purchasing a unit at Couture.

Couture still has some 1 bedrooms and 1 bedroom plus den units available, starting from around $273K. 2 bedrooms starting from about $342K. This is a good opportunity to pick up an investment unit or even a place to live in on the east side of downtown, just a few minutes walk to Yonge and Bloor.

Special for buyers on Wednesday August 26th ONLY:

• $10K off the purchase price for 1 bedrooms
  • $15K off for 1+dens
  • $20K off 2 bedrooms
  • $30K off 2+dens
  • PLUS, free laminate flooring upgrade in the bedrooms for all purchasers (normally only standard in living/dining areas)
Prices are in the low to mid $500s per square foot for most units (before any discounts or incentives are applied).

source: http://truecondos.com/couture-special-1-day-vip-brokers-event

I guess Monarch's doing whatever necessary to push Couture through the starting line ~ ;)

Couture: Special 1-day VIP Broker’s Event
Tue, Aug 25, 2009

Couture Condos by Monarch Developments will be holding a special 1-day only VIP Broker’s sales event on Wednesday (tomorrow). Please contact me if you are interested in purchasing a unit at Couture.

Couture still has some 1 bedrooms and 1 bedroom plus den units available, starting from around $273K. 2 bedrooms starting from about $342K. This is a good opportunity to pick up an investment unit or even a place to live in on the east side of downtown, just a few minutes walk to Yonge and Bloor.

Special for buyers on Wednesday August 26th ONLY:

• $10K off the purchase price for 1 bedrooms
  • $15K off for 1+dens
  • $20K off 2 bedrooms
  • $30K off 2+dens
  • PLUS, free laminate flooring upgrade in the bedrooms for all purchasers (normally only standard in living/dining areas)
Prices are in the low to mid $500s per square foot for most units (before any discounts or incentives are applied).

source: http://truecondos.com/couture-special-1-day-vip-brokers-event

Aside from the free laminate floors. Monarch has been offering these discounts for a long time.

Back