Hamilton Corktown Plaza | 91.43m | 27s | Slate | Core Architects

Still a very full parking lot
1000010298.jpg
1000010299.jpg

Correct. Construction will start June 2025. I wonder if the project will fall through, considering sale for precons have been horrible.

Correct. Construction will start June 2025. I wonder if the project will fall through, considering sale for precons have been horrible.
While this is true, they did sell 60% of phase 1 as of a few month ago. I see no reason why they would start phase 1 and put the phase 2 units for sale while it's under construction. May just seeing a slower build than we've been used to over the past 5-10 years.

I was recently contacted by my real estate agent, who helped me purchase a one-plus den in phase one and was informed my unit no longer exists. The floorplans are being changed. They are getting rid of 2 and 3 bedrooms, to make more one bedrooms and studios... I was offered a one-bedroom instead but the floorplans are AWFUL and with no compensation or anything for losing the den. Is anyone else in the same situation? I refused to select a floorplan, had my lawyer contact their's, no response for two months.

I was recently contacted by my real estate agent, who helped me purchase a one-plus den in phase one and was informed my unit no longer exists. The floorplans are being changed. They are getting rid of 2 and 3 bedrooms, to make more one bedrooms and studios... I was offered a one-bedroom instead but the floorplans are AWFUL and with no compensation or anything for losing the den. Is anyone else in the same situation? I refused to select a floorplan, had my lawyer contact their's, no response for two months.
I'm not purchasing here, but that really sucks, sorry to hear. That's honestly surprising to me since tiny units are the ones struggling to sell the most. There must be some 2bed&3bed units though. Perhaps reducing the quantity, but I doubt they're building an only 1bed building.

The big issue with these larger buildings is that if they can't sell a certain unit, the entire building has the same layout all the way up, so they have to remove all of that unit I suppose.

Hope you hear back promptly. Again, we wonder why people don't want to buy condos as owners, when they do things like this after you put down a deposit...

Edit: it appears even the original unit count didn't have many 3bed units, so I guess they're removing what few they did have and some of the 2bed:
1000010723.png
1000010724.png
1000010725.png

Last edited:
I'm not purchasing here, but that really sucks, sorry to hear. That's honestly surprising to me since tiny units are the ones struggling to sell the most. There must be some 2bed&3bed units though. Perhaps reducing the quantity, but I doubt they're building an only 1bed building.

The big issue with these larger buildings is that if they can't sell a certain unit, the entire building has the same layout all the way up, so they have to remove all of that unit I suppose.

Hope you hear back promptly. Again, we wonder why people don't want to buy condos as owners, when they do things like this after you put down a deposit...
You're definitely right. They aren't getting rid of all the 2 & 3 bedrooms, but they are significantly reducing the quantity because they aren't selling. But getting rid of one plus dens ? that doesn't make sense. SO many people work from home, myself included.. hence purchasing the unit I did. I haven't found anyone yet who is also experiencing this, but these changes will affect at least 50% of the people who have already bought in the building. Maybe that is why they aren't responding? They have mulitple units/clients they need to now accommodate

You're definitely right. They aren't getting rid of all the 2 & 3 bedrooms, but they are significantly reducing the quantity because they aren't selling. But getting rid of one plus dens ? that doesn't make sense. SO many people work from home, myself included.. hence purchasing the unit I did. I haven't found anyone yet who is also experiencing this, but these changes will affect at least 50% of the people who have already bought in the building. Maybe that is why they aren't responding? They have mulitple units/clients they need to now accommodate
That’s weird. I know a few people who purchased a 1 bed plus den in Corktown (first phase) and they haven’t received any communication from the developer. Was it only your floor plan or did they say all 1 bedroom plus den’s

That’s weird. I know a few people who purchased a 1 bed plus den in Corktown (first phase) and they haven’t received any communication from the developer. Was it only your floor plan or did they say all 1 bedroom plus den’s
I truly don't know.. the builder has not contacted me directly. My real estate agent called me to inform me of this change but did not say what other 1-plus den units were going to be affected

Back