Toronto Core Condos | 84.12m | 24s | CentreCourt | P + S / IBI

I really like this design, to be honest! It's pretty good. Its relationship to its podium and its slender quality remind me of the previous St. Nicholas condo design (the peanut-shaped floorplate, before they made it a box.)

:/ all you want but the second rendering posted in the thread is a thousand times better than the atrocious Architecture Unfolded pile presented in the first post.

Standing by that emoticon. Podium looks especially weak.

11450849445_2a5d6cc273_b.jpg

http://centrecourtdevelopments.com/developments

Weak in terms of architectural detail, or height of it, or…?

As we have an irregular sculpted form here, it's going to be pretty difficult to get a consensus on whether this looks good or not, but I appreciate the building's distinctive look. If this building is only going to be 24 storeys high, (there may be a hidden 25th floor not seen in this view) then to my eye the podium is of a pleasing proportion to the tower… but I'd be happy to see another floor added to the podium without lopping any of the tower off.

We will go after getting higher-res pics, get more info, etc.

Good to see another tower with some mild sculptural qualities. I like the moxie of putting the illustrative black outlines around the split halves. It all looks fairly well balanced and not awkward. As long as they keep the contrast good and sharp and the details are fairly well handled, this one could look pretty good. Glad to see this block getting built on, as well.

Back