Toronto Concord Canada House | 231.97m | 74s | Concord Adex | Arcadis

No such problems in my building either

Same here. I've lived in 2 of the cityplace buildings and really enjoyed my time there. I rarely had any issues with elevator wait times, and the views were fantastic. The rooftop pool at Luna was like visiting a resort during the summer time. The gym could've been better, but at least it was always in full use.

Frankly, I'm not sure what all the hate is for. I guess that's the nature of a public forum. Most forums that I read tend to be geared towards negativity. For once I would love to read a constructive critique of the building posted on this site, rather than reading a bunch of jargon relating to the improper mix of colours (even though for this specific project it has been stated that they're notional), or there fact that mullions aren't shown realistically. It would be so much better to have an in depth dialogue relating to the things that matter like the experience at grade, or the impact such projects will have on the local economy, traffic, etc.

I guess I'm probably just dreaming and the superficiality will continue on, regardless of the content.

My $.02

Same here. I've lived in 2 of the cityplace buildings and really enjoyed my time there. I rarely had any issues with elevator wait times, and the views were fantastic. The rooftop pool at Luna was like visiting a resort during the summer time. The gym could've been better, but at least it was always in full use.

Frankly, I'm not sure what all the hate is for. I guess that's the nature of a public forum. Most forums that I read tend to be geared towards negativity. For once I would love to read a constructive critique of the building posted on this site, rather than reading a bunch of jargon relating to the improper mix of colours (even though for this specific project it has been stated that they're notional), or there fact that mullions aren't shown realistically. It would be so much better to have an in depth dialogue relating to the things that matter like the experience at grade, or the impact such projects will have on the local economy, traffic, etc.

I guess I'm probably just dreaming and the superficiality will continue on, regardless of the content.

My $.02

What hate??? Just a comment about the hassles of waiting for an elevator in a tall building with three elevators - not a personal jibe, just a comment.

In my case it took forever for an elevator to arrive and I'm sure there are plenty of buildings that have the same issue. Maybe yours had more elevators or better elevators, I don't know. but the issue does exist - especially when the builder doesn't build as many elevators as they should or install cheap elevators that break down often. My concern was that a builder that would cheap out on the design and materials of the exterior is a good candidate to do the same inside.

I loved CityPlace too. I lived in N1/N2. No issues with the building at all. Elevator was nice and fast. Building clean, quiet and well run. Amazing views. Close to everything. Sold it for a lot more than I paid for it. Overall a great 4 years. Would live there again in a heartbeat.

I was living temporarily in Cityplace and it was much better than I thought it would be. It was actually quite nice.
It was close to everything, the building was well maintained and managed, there were excellent amenities, Canoe Landing Park is very nice, and I had excellent lake and city views. You can't say the same thing about Liberty Village.

There were some elevator problems, but that's not uncommon for any new building and it wasn't a persistent issue.

Here are some pictures from my old place. I was on the 39th and 40th floor of 15 Fort York (N1/N2) looking North.

IMG_8574.jpg

IMG_3590.jpg

IMG_1507 2.jpg

IMG_6923.jpg

IMG_6887.jpg

IMG_7079.jpg

IMG_3731.jpg

IMG_3451.jpg

IMG_3688.jpg

IMG_8279.jpg

IMG_4307 2.jpg

IMG_3765.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1507 2.jpg
    IMG_1507 2.jpg
    793.6 KB · Views: 1,417
  • IMG_3451.jpg
    IMG_3451.jpg
    624.7 KB · Views: 1,386
  • IMG_3590.jpg
    IMG_3590.jpg
    913.8 KB · Views: 1,409
  • IMG_3688.jpg
    IMG_3688.jpg
    813.9 KB · Views: 1,399
  • IMG_3731.jpg
    IMG_3731.jpg
    688.7 KB · Views: 1,387
  • IMG_3765.jpg
    IMG_3765.jpg
    728.4 KB · Views: 1,384
  • IMG_4307 2.jpg
    IMG_4307 2.jpg
    914.7 KB · Views: 1,386
  • IMG_6887.jpg
    IMG_6887.jpg
    714.7 KB · Views: 1,393
  • IMG_6923.jpg
    IMG_6923.jpg
    692.9 KB · Views: 1,402
  • IMG_7079.jpg
    IMG_7079.jpg
    702.3 KB · Views: 1,407
  • IMG_8279.jpg
    IMG_8279.jpg
    691.4 KB · Views: 1,377
  • IMG_8574.jpg
    IMG_8574.jpg
    556.3 KB · Views: 1,393
Last edited:
God, it's like Patrick Bateman's apartment.

You did have a hell of a view, though.
Well that's a real asshole comment. Hawc posted photos of his place and people decide to insult him. Normally I find if someone decides to let us have a peek inside their personal life and show us their style its polite to say you like it or keep quiet, but of course this is the internet where behavioural norms can be ignored.

Looks like it would have been a very nice place to live.

Well that's a real asshole comment. Hawc posted photos of his place and people decide to insult him. Normally I find if someone decides to let us have a peek inside their personal life and show us their style its polite to say you like it or keep quiet, but of course this is the internet where behavioural norms can be ignored.

I don't think so.
I actually really like Patrick Bateman's apartment. Even though it might be the quintessential Manhattan apartment in the 80's it has a certain modern timelessness to it, though I could do without the vertical blinds. And yes I own the male and female Robert Longo lithographs in his apartment, but not as large.

Thanks guys. I only post it to show that living in CityPlace can be quite nice. CityPlace is the go-to whipping boy for all condo anger out there, but my four years there were great. I understand that some of the 20 buildings did have some problems, but I would much rather live in CityPlace than Liberty Village and like I said, my four years there were fun. Anyway, if people don't like the pictures, I'll take 'em down, but I wanted to show what it's actually like to own in there.

Back