Toronto Concord Canada House | 231.97m | 74s | Concord Adex | Arcadis

Some interesting features for the balconies here, from an agent on the CityPlace Toronto Facebook Group:

Oversized balconies for all units
Wood feature on ceiling and wood flooring
Heated balconies

g-outdoor-living.jpg

1. Radiant ceiling heaters
  2. Balcony lights
  3. Wood-grain soffit ceiling treatment
  4. Composite wood decking
  5. Alfresco sliding glass wall with extra-wide opening (on available suites)

Actual suite interiors, exteriors and views may be noticeably different than what is depicted in photographs and renderings. The developer reserves the right to make modifications, substitutions, change brands, sizes, colours, layouts, materials, ceiling heights, features, finishes and other specifications without prior notification. Such details are governed by the applicable offer to purchase and agreement of sale, and disclosure statement. This is not an offering for sale. Any such offering can only be made with the applicable offer to purchase and agreement of sale, and disclosure statement. E. & O.E.

Wow, such utter trash. You'd think (hope?) that after years of criticism that Concord would bother to make an effort to increase quality. But why would they really? This will sell like hotcakes to the undiscerning sheep regardless.

The design is not the best ,but i prefer the new design to the original .
The maple leaf give the buildings some personality and beauty.
It's not exceptional, but it's decent for me.

I don't mind it either other than the podium. It seems a little bland. Perhaps it is mentioned already but is there a shopping concourse at the base of this project?

Not terribly inspiring. insofar as the rendering can be trusted. The maple leaf motif looks goofy. The least offensive part of the project would appear to be the crowns.

the maple leaves are very goofy and novel. I am really torn on them. I appreciate that it is something completely different visually for the city, and if it was done well... could maybe be cool. The crowns are nice, potential for some well programmed light displays. The podium is very chunky, I agree on that.

I don't mind it either other than the podium. It seems a little bland. Perhaps it is mentioned already but is there a shopping concourse at the base of this project?

Retail on the ground floor all around the building, with office on the second floor. It's residential above that, with an above ground parking garage occupying the centre of the podium.

You would think that something of that size, at that prominent location near the harbour, would deserve a great design but this is Toronto and sadly, few people seem to care. I find it quite frustrating, as I believe this should not be tolerated in a sophisticated city! Our politicians talk about Toronto being a creative city but when it comes to architecture and urban design, where is that creativity? They allow the most vile piles of glass/spandrel to go up everywhere!

This is about as interesting and creative as that TORONTO sign at NPS the whole city seems to think is so fantastic and "edgy".

When you cater to the masses instead of dictating excellence, this is what you get.

Back