Toronto Concord Canada House | 231.97m | 74s | Concord Adex | Arcadis

I was wondering if they increased the two tower's 4 storeys or so ? Because the tall tower used to be 69 now at 73 storeys now seen on the top of this page.

I was wondering if they increased the two tower's 4 storeys or so ? Because the tall tower used to be 69 now at 73 storeys now seen on the top of this page.
…and now that I've had time to look at the latest architectural plans, I've bumped it up to 64 and 74 storeys for the buildings (counting the level the lounges are on atop the condos) and fixed the height of the taller one.

The deal is, according to the Cover Letter submitted at the beginning of this month…
"Recently, we had discussions with City staff with regards to the reclaiming of the unused residential gross floor area. During the design process, we allowed excessive space and height for the mechanical equipment which upon further review, our consultants were able to reduce the mechanical rooms (in the towers’ portion) and reclaim the additional gross floor area. The proposed residential gross floor area would be 102,739 m2, an increase of 4,349.0 m2 from the previous proposed 98,390.0 m2 while the above grade parking and non-residential gross floor area remain at 10,259.0 m2 and 4,570.0 m2 respectively. The additional density would allow the development to provide for a total of 1397 residential units, an increase of 24 residential units from the previous proposed of 1373 units; an additional 3 storeys on each tower (59 to 62 storeys on Tower A and 69 to 72 storeys on Tower B), while keeping both tower heights at 203.0 m and 232.0 m respectively. Please note the proposed changes are keeping within the Site Specific Zoning By-law No. 319-2020(LPAT) requirements. Additionally, we continue to conform to requirements such as indoor and outdoor amenities, parking spaces (residential/residential visitors/non-residential), loading spaces, bicycle parking spaces (residential/visitors/non- residential), waste storage and the Toronto Green Standards Version 2.0."​
So, according to the architectural plans, they have the numbers wrong (62 and 72), but the rest right.

Interesting. A bit sad for the change - I enjoyed the absurdly tall mechanical boxes here. Hope they'll still be providing the amenity spaces up there.
64 and 74 storeys? Interesting. Given these are CityPlace buildings, their floor counts (ie. suite numbers and elevator buttons ) will be up to 72 in the shorter tower and 83 on the taller one (skipping all the floors that end in 4, plus the 13th floor).

Jun 15:
0S6A8977.jpg

Interesting. A bit sad for the change - I enjoyed the absurdly tall mechanical boxes here. Hope they'll still be providing the amenity spaces up there.
They are still providing the amenity spaces up there, yes… and I agree, the supertall mechanical penthouses hidden behind ultratall windows and murals would have made these stand out far more!

Back