Toronto Concord Canada House | 231.97m | 74s | Concord Adex | Arcadis

Those 'so many lawsuits' (really, just 1) have been settled for years now. There are no ongoing lawsuits.

The reason why so many agents don't show units in CityPlace is because they fall for the same crap that you do. I made my agent show me a unit in CityPlace, even after telling him originally not to bother with anything there. What I found was a unit that was decent quality compared to other buildings I had seen in the city, much more space, better amenities, an extremely functional layout and a great price.

I sold it several years later for a decent profit, and haven't ever regretted that purchase decision. In fact, I am considering purchasing there again. There were no problems at all in my building, or most of the buildings. A few of the earlier ones had some major issues, but those have been worked out.

This is coming from someone who has lived at The Met, Quantum, and many other units throughout the city. The finishes were no worse or better than anywhere else I have lived to date. The only thing I missed from Quantum was the property management, and that has nothing to do with the developer.

Oh really? Just one lawsuit? Please.

Anyone who has purchased in the last 10 years has made a profit. I have purchased property that is so poorly built that has doubled in value. Profit is irrelevant. Agents avoid cityplace because of the many issues those buildings have. Not all of the buildings but too many. They are newer buildings, why do they have so many problems? The developer builds quickly and cheaply.

Anyone who has purchased in the last 10 years has made a profit. I have purchased property that is so poorly built that has doubled in value. Profit is irrelevant. Agents avoid cityplace because of the many issues those buildings have. Not all of the buildings but too many. They are newer buildings, why do they have so many problems? The developer builds quickly and cheaply.

Maybe you can enlighten us with proof of there being more than that?

As for your last statement - do you have that saved as a default reply? It seems like 90% of your posts include it.

Maybe you can enlighten us with proof of there being more than that?

As for your last statement - do you have that saved as a default reply? It seems like 90% of your posts include it.

You're aware that many builders have pending lawsuits, right? You're aware that the majority are not publicized, right? The condo game is a very interesting one. There is a lot of information that does not get out to protect vested interest of the builders, owners and any other stakeholders. If you know enough people, you start to get a lot of information you can't find. Frankly, there is virtually no information on builders construction history. The claims Tarion posts on their site is BS as well.

So, of course I can't provide any "proof" besides anecdotal evidence. Search the site, search the net...there are many stories of shotty construction. But they must all be liars. Concord is a quality builder according to the 3 people in this thread.

Next thing I'll read is Urbancorp is a quality developer too. :p

You're aware that many builders have pending lawsuits, right? You're aware that the majority are not publicized, right? The condo game is a very interesting one. There is a lot of information that does not get out to protect vested interest of the builders, owners and any other stakeholders. If you know enough people, you start to get a lot of information you can't find. Frankly, there is virtually no information on builders construction history. The claims Tarion posts on their site is BS as well.

So, of course I can't provide any "proof" besides anecdotal evidence. Search the site, search the net...there are many stories of shotty construction. But they must all be liars. Concord is a quality builder according to the 3 people in this thread.

Next thing I'll read is Urbancorp is a quality developer too. :p

This story just came out today:

http://condos.ca/blog/five-reasons-why-cityplace-condos-deserve-a-second-look/

Sorry, but my actual experience LIVING in CityPlace trumps all of your anecdotal evidence. Most of the stories out there are nothing more than "I heard from friends, my real estate agent told me this, I read stories on BlogTO" etc. Prove to me that there is an ongoing lawsuit in CityPlace. I can tell you with 100% confidence that there is not.

The last one was Matrix/Optima, and that was solved outside of the courts anyways. They aren't publicized, however, when a board takes the developer to court, a lien is placed on the property that makes the building nearly impossible for people to purchase in without having a massive downpayment. The only time this has ever happened in CityPlace was the one incident with Matrix. Your anecdotal stories are nothing but anecdotes. CityPlace is also one of the only major developments that hasn't had to deal with falling glass, and yet the developer still took precautions and checked a good chunk of the buildings to ensure that balcony glass was secure. That's not shoddy, and that's certainly not like many developers who build a building and are never heard from again.

Last edited:

Also not true.

Last edited by a moderator:

so all of the complaints are from people who don't live there. Hahaha. Good work.

I guess you are one of the few that lost money then. That is not the point anyways. A large chunk of purchasers have made money over the last 10 years or would you like to challenge that too?

What is the point? That "Anyone who has purchased in the last 10 years has made a profit" or that "A large chunk of purchasers have made money"? For someone being so cavalier with language, you're oddly sure of the 'facts.'

What is the point? That "Anyone who has purchased in the last 10 years has made a profit" or that "A large chunk of purchasers have made money"? For someone being so cavalier with language, you're oddly sure of the 'facts.'

I would say most that have bought and sold in the last ten years have made money on the sale. However, most will require buying another property to live.

Most agents nowadays are incredibly lazy and spread unsubstantiated rumours like wildfire. They do virtually nothing for ever increasing commissions. The whole underpricing concept to gain multiple offers is hardly for the seller's benefit either. Don't know a single real estate speculator that hasn't opted for their own real estate license just because there is virtually no value in paying for outside agents/brokers.

you must be a hit at parties. *slow clap*

People complaining about Cityplace with little to no facts? It feels like I'm back in the '90s again!

By the by, shouldn't this argument be in the Real Estate thread? Shouldn't this thread be about endlessly arguing about how tall the building is, and how much spandrel will be used in it?

Has anybody noticed the large, grey, slab of stone that fell off the wall on Parade, (one of the work/live townhouses) facing Fort York Blvd? They had the sidewalk blocked off, so people would walk around it. A bit further west I saw another large tile that was also coming off, so my question is, how can this place be falling apart after only a year or two?

Would love to continue this discussion in a more appropriate thread since apparently criticisms of cityplace come from those who don't live there. I have come equipped with the "proof" that was requested. Just let me know. :cool:

Back