Toronto Concord Canada House | 231.97m | 74s | Concord Adex | Arcadis

Watch as the city will no doubt approve this underwhelming development, while ruining iconic proposals like Mirvish + Gehry towers.

Watch as the city will no doubt approve this underwhelming development, while ruining iconic proposals like Mirvish + Gehry towers.

The city has already approved Mirvish at 900 and 1000ft , so they will stand out more than Cityplace. I wouldn't go so far to say the city ruined Mirvish.

Is that sufficient though? I'm no expert in urban design - but with two schools coming into the area, I'd just assume that a part of the vision for the Cityplace plan would be to create a destination where people could also raise their families.

The abundance of 1-bedrooms just screams "investors" and high turnover...

Maybe I'm wrong - but I'm happy to be educated on if this makes sense.

No, I think you're right, imagine this cluster of cheaply built condos 20 years from now rented out to largely low income tenants.
This has the potential to be our St. Jamestown of the future.

No, I think you're right, imagine this cluster of cheaply built condos 20 years from now rented out to largely low income tenants.
This has the potential to be our St. Jamestown of the future.

This claim has been repeated almost from the start of construction of CityPlace. I have yet to see any evidence at all to support it.

The city sold all of that prime land to a shit developer. Hell, I would have even preferred Tridel and I can't stand most of their designs. What a shame.

The city sold all of that prime land to a shit developer. Hell, I would have even preferred Tridel and I can't stand most of their designs. What a shame.

I call bull ... feel free to hate this last design, but many city place buildings are magnitudes better then anything tridel has put up less Hullmark ..

Interchange42 and other influential members of this forum:

Is there anyway we (as in UrbanToronto members) can bring our disdain for this horrific proposal to the city and Concord so that there's at least some chance that the design can be re-considered? I remember reading somewhere recently (was it the X2 thread?) that what gets discussed on this forum can be taken seriously by stakeholders in the development industry. (Or was I just dreaming all this?)

Thanks in advance.

Is there anyway we (as in UrbanToronto members) can bring our disdain for this horrific proposal to the city and Concord so that there's at least some chance that the design can be re-considered? I remember reading somewhere recently (was it the X2 thread?) that what gets discussed on this forum can be taken seriously by stakeholders in the development industry. (Or was I just dreaming all this?)

Thanks in advance.

Perhaps a petition?

We could send it to the developer, the "architect" and the city.

I will gladly add my voice of disdain to any petition or movement that stops this insult from being built.

The sales centre is surrounded by a nice patch of greenery. I've often imagined them going with just one tall tower and a nice green parkette at the street level.

It ain't to be.

Thanks in advance.

Go to the community consultations when they happen. Remember the City always kind of has it's hands tied to an extent when negotiating elements like retail, design, more two/three bedrooms, a number of geared-to-income units, green space and on & on - the OMB.

Back