Toronto Concord Canada House | 231.97m | 74s | Concord Adex | Arcadis

/\ Thats the plan. I cant wait for this tower it will make a huge impact on the waterfront skyline. But is there any confirmed hight on this yet. ive heard in the mid 200m but either way i just hope it will be as good as ive expected because ive been waiting for what.....6/7 years now (since cityplace started).

Hopefully it won't be a 200m turd they dump on us on the way out. To be fair, their buildings have been getting better what with Panarama, Montage & Parade (so far). I guess I'm still bitter about that park...

I can expect something really nice. The architecture got better from year to year, building to building. The latest, Parade with its really cool bridge and Panorama with the sleek black curved design.

I believe Concord Adex has aquired more land west of parade 2, so most likely they will build west (and lower) before they commit to something as tall as the 'signature' would be.

Interesting. I can't say I'm a fan of Panorama. The spandrel on the podium already looks like crap and I don't expect it to look better with age and the penthouse levels just looks strange (though not as bad as the growth on West One)

I believe Concord Adex has aquired more land west of parade 2, so most likely they will build west (and lower) before they commit to something as tall as the 'signature' would be.

I'm pretty sure Concord Adex did not buy the lands west of Parade 2, those sites are owned by TCHC with an approved public housing proposal on Blocks 32+36

See thread:
TCHC: Block 32 & 36 Development (CityPlace, 30 + 20s, DTAH)

City Planning Final Report:
http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/2006/agendas/committees/te/te060913/it012.pdf

He might be thinking of the lands on the south side of Fort York Blvd., west of Canoe Landing. I believe there was a little discussion about Concord purchasing those lands. Concord could partner with TCHC to build some of the market-rate buildings on Blocks 32/36.

I forgot all about this project. It was being discussed a lot when the building boom was at its peak and new projects were being proposed often. Those were the days...

I think it would really tie the cityplace development together nicely. It would elevate it a little. Literally and figuratively.

I forgot all about this project. It was being discussed a lot when the building boom was at its peak and new projects were being proposed often. Those were the days...

With the L-Tower, and Aura, now under construction and Ice ready for ground-breaking in Spring it leaves The Signature tower as the last of the over 200 meter towers left to build, Ooh yeah, there is also GGs 65 storey Number One Bloor that should tower over 200 meters. With the economy stable in 2010 we will probably see the launch of the Signature Tower plus a couple more of 200+meter proposals in Toronto.:)

Unfortunately, Signature Tower won't be released in 2010 according to Alan Vihant (VP of sales & marketing for Concord Adex). Hopefully in 2011 it will be released.

oh good, that gives me another year to save up my money...

seriously though, probably a good move to let the dust settle on the past 5-6 years of the condo market explosion. Need to let demand build again...

Last edited:
It is odd though with all the tall condos underway and others announced that this one sits idle. Perhaps they are waiting for the "big ones" (Trump, Ice, Shangi-la, One Bloor, Aura) to finalize so they can swoop in and build the tallest residential tower in Canada.

Back