Toronto Cloud9 Condominiums | ?m | 12s | Lash Group | Richmond Architects

15931779607_29e9eb4f58_b.jpg

15930231390_d229134c99_b.jpg

16116792062_8506559f23_b.jpg

15497815283_4567621336_b.jpg

Will the sale centre be removed eventually and the grass restored, or is there another building planned here?
15930108458_edfd7a60a0_b.jpg

Will the sale centre be removed eventually and the grass restored, or is there another building planned here?

There has been no application to sever the property where the sales centre is to build another building, but I could foresee it happening in the future. It could not be as large as Cloud9 if they were to pursue another development there, but maybe something with about the floor plate of the presentation centre, not much more.

Thanks for the updates Salsa. What a great addition to the neighbourhood! Im still surprised that this even got built in this part of Rexdale.

Im pleasantly surprised by how well this turned out, both contextually and architecturally. The mid rise fits so well into this corner. The use of brick for the majority of the facade instead of spandrel is also a great touch (along with the punch of yellow). Overall this is a big plus. More of this along suburban arterials

The Lash Group and Richmond Architects have done quite a nice job on this place. I'll have to admit that prior to my first visit out to it I was not all that interested, but that was simply urban snobbery on my part. This is exactly the kind of project that Toronto needs to inject new life into our suburbs, and I expect that Cloud9's success will help catalyze similar projects on hundreds of other apartment lawns across the GTA.

This building does look really good in real life, especially from the north side.
Only problem now is that it makes the neighbouring rental buildings look bad!

Back