Toronto Clear Spirit | 131.36m | 40s | Cityscape | a—A

For the most part, yes. Which is why, I suspect, the unphotogenic Rack House 'M' is so rarely included in any of the photo essays that have been posted here.

There will eventually be many opportunities to photograph the new, unphotogenic above-ground parking lot. ;)

This pic looks particularly unphotogenic to me. What a clash.

DSCN0647.jpg

What clash? The slim condo tower that echoes the verticality of the smokestack, the Cooperage cupola, and the streetlamp (the lamp's a repro, so surely you'd be over the moon with excitement about that? ) match, not clash.

I wonder; using the photo cited by ganjavih for context, when the tower is built where the rackhouse is now, will much of the entire area shown in that image be in shadow?

Which building, exactly, is Rack House M?

----

The extreme point has been bugging me... It seems to create such an uninviting barrier. (The only thing I'm not loving about this project).

Here's a render with the point for reference.

spiritpoint.jpg

spirit10.jpg

spirit9.jpg

DSCN0656.jpg

Rack House 'M' is the Incredible Hulk that everyone subliminally edits out of their Distillery District visiting experience. It's directly east of Mill Street Brewery.

I find the prow rather inviting, as it peeks out naughtily at the corner of Parliament and Mill.

DSCN0643.jpg

Hideous... So entirely out of scale for what is supposed to be a historic district. I was there yesterday. It does look good from an odd angle, but the above photo really shows what is essentially wrong with this development.

This pic looks particularly unphotogenic to me. What a clash.

DSCN0647.jpg

I love it! The Distillery District is not a Victorian museum piece under a dusty glass dome. It is a living breathing neighbourhood that is being woven back into the fabric of the City. The planned point towers on the periphery of the site do just that. And they will provide a much needed residential component that will populate the neighbourhood 24 hours a day even after the tourists have gone home. As for the pointy podium of Clear Spirit, I love how it slices through the site and draws people in. I love a good wedgy!

DSCN0643.jpg

OMG! You can see FCP and Scotia Plaza! I demand that they be torn down, to preserve the sanctity of these old industrial buildings. No post-1900 building should be visible from anywhere inside the Distillery District. Perhaps a giant screen could be erected around the area, to block off the sight of the rest of the city.

Bill

DSCN0643.jpg

OMG! You can see FCP and Scotia Plaza! I demand that they be torn down, to preserve the sanctity of these old industrial buildings. No post-1900 building should be visible from anywhere inside the Distillery District. Perhaps a giant screen could be erected around the area, to block off the sight of the rest of the city.

Bill

Blinkers more like!

Back