Toronto CityPlace Puente de Luz Bridge | ?m | ?s | Concord Adex | Francisco Gazitua

Man, pour the concrete already! Let's get this bridge finished.
Concord is cheaping up this bridge however they can. for all we know they are waiting for concrete prices to fall :p

I read somewhere they're going to cover the deck surface with marbles.

Pretty sure that joke was made about 50 posts ago

Talking to the person from PCL who responsible for this project during the erection in Sept, concrete will be used 100%. If you go back and look at your photo, the form work was being built for the slab.

Looking at the aerial, the form work is in place with coated rebar on top of the decking. It will be this week or next week that the concrete will be pour.

Concrete will be pour using the pump truck. It could be a two day pour with one part being pour first on day one or in sections. Then it could be pour in one pour with expansion joints being place in a spot or two like the bridge structure.

They're pouring the deck!

IMG_0921.JPG

Pour faster!

The marbles, grease and banana peels will come only after the pour.
As will a whole load of other crap that some people ignorantly dump as they go from place to place.

Love the minutia and the day-to-day in this discussion... That's why we're going to do a story for Global News about the progress that's being made. I've left a private message for a few of you. Anyone else who's interested in chatting, send me a note and I'll explain further.

Mark McAllister, Global News Reporter

It feels like work has slowed now that the bridge is in place. Put the railings on and open that sucker up!

Back