Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Somebody please tell me this will not be the final name.

I just made up the name. It's the only way that I could figure would describe this area at this time. I don't want to be responsible for this if someone decides it's a good name and we get stuck with it like we got stuck with SouthCore. Even worse, sometimes it's shortened to SoCo. Good gosh, I hate that moniker :mad:

I don't want to be responsible for this if someone decides it's a good name and we get stuck with it like we got stuck with SouthCore. Even worse, sometimes it's shortened to SoCo. Good gosh, I hate that moniker :mad:

I don't see why we should be stuck with SouthCore, which—as I have said elsewhere—sounds like the bottom end of a half-eaten apple. It has no official standing that I'm aware of. I'm suggesting a UT campaign, or maybe contest, to find a name with some zing for this amazing growth area.

I don't see why we should be stuck with SouthCore, which—as I have said elsewhere—sounds like the bottom end of a half-eaten apple. It has no official standing that I'm aware of. I'm suggesting a UT campaign, or maybe contest, to find a name with some zing for this amazing growth area.

It is on some maps now so it is working its way in!

Im hoping that when Larco submits its plans for the Canada Dominion building it includes a tower at the back and the development of the rest of the rail park east to Yonge street
rail park.PNG

Attachments

• rail park.PNG
    rail park.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 688
We're at Ground and Above Friday

Westside Story: The entire site west of the elevator core is at ground level, some has been poured, some is still having its rebar installed. The ramp from P1 to Ground level is ready to be poured. It doesn't look like there will be more concrete columns in the area around the core as there is no rebar sticking up from the previous floor like there was previously. The central core continues to grow along its south to north access. The walls of the central core, which have yet to be poured are going to be extremely thick. It's becoming more apparent that the blue steel beams running along the surface of the hollow central core is to keep the inside forming work stable and within specific tolerances.

West.jpg

Eastside Story: P3 is complete and has been covered completely by P2. Some of P2 is having its floor poured at the time of this photo. The gunite north wall continues to grow, the Yonge St (northeast corner) ramp, from P2 up to Ground level has been graded in gravel. In the centre of this photo, nearest to Crane#3 you may notice a rectangular void, between floors. There is a second one on the western side. The forming materials are dismantled from the floors below and the crane lifts them in the order required when working on the next level. It makes a lot of sense to store material below decks so to speak to allow more workspace above.

East.jpg

Trackside: Just a few new steel crossbeams have been added since the post of Wednesday last.

trackside.jpg

Attachments

• West.jpg
    West.jpg
    421.9 KB · Views: 630
  • East.jpg
    East.jpg
    411.7 KB · Views: 642
  • trackside.jpg
    trackside.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 868
Hope someone is planning to put together a timelapse of Michael's awesome pics like in the 16 York St thread! Should be seeing some steel soon too...

Back