IMG_5965.jpeg
IMG_5966.jpeg
IMG_5967.jpeg
IMG_5968.jpeg

Podium
IMG_5969.jpeg

Thursday
IMG_5957.jpeg

It looks as though it has been closed (presumably for safety reasons) until the overhead work has been finished. (It is actually private property - the Dominion Public Building).
It's been open on-and-off through construction here. It was closed a few months ago again, but @yrt+viva=1system 's last photo makes it appear open again.

I'm aware it's private property and well in their right to close it. It's just a nice cut through from Union to the Esplanade.

Is the pedestrian cut through open again?
Yes! I’m surprised but happy. I guess it’s not CIBC Square’s property.
I’m curious if and when the 1 Front St W. construction starts and if 1 Front will be allowed to impinge on the 141 Bay property. I assume not but I still can’t figure how they plan to demo the interior, protect the exterior and excavate the underground parking lot or what the heritage protection process will look like. Will they block 1 or 2 lanes of Yonge or Front or Bay St for a few years? Maybe close Front St altogether for the Brookfield construction too. (If/when)
The fun of living downtown.

From this morning.
IMG_0120.jpeg

It opened up Feb 23 after a concrete pour.
IMG_9934.jpeg

Yes! I’m surprised but happy. I guess it’s not CIBC Square’s property.
I’m curious if and when the 1 Front St W. construction starts and if 1 Front will be allowed to impinge on the 141 Bay property. I assume not but I still can’t figure how they plan to demo the interior, protect the exterior and excavate the underground parking lot or what the heritage protection process will look like. Will they block 1 or 2 lanes of Yonge or Front or Bay St for a few years? Maybe close Front St altogether for the Brookfield construction too. (If/when)
The fun of living downtown.

From this morning.
View attachment 545435
It opened up Feb 23 after a concrete pour.
View attachment 545451
Interesting, the walkway seems to be opening and closing (it was certainly closed at the east side last week when I was there) but I agree it's a great short-cut - unless a beam falls on one's head! I assume there has been and will be lots of coordination between CIBC and DPB. From what I remember, the two parkings will be linked in some way or maybe share same entrance. The final space between the two buildings will be open and public and will run from one building face to the other so I assume the two buildings will share responsibility for it

I did read, either in this thread or the 1 Front thread, that the 141 Bay parking garage was going to include punchout panels to link in the future to this development.

It's been open on-and-off through construction here. It was closed a few months ago again, but @yrt+viva=1system 's last photo makes it appear open again.

I'm aware it's private property and well in their right to close it. It's just a nice cut through from Union to the Esplanade.
The times I’ve visited the site the cut through has always been open but this might be because it’s the weekend.

Back