Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
CIBC1.jpg

CIBC2.jpg

CIBC3.jpg

CIBC4.jpg

When do they expect the new Bus Terminal to open? All I can find is that it will open this year. There must be some new more accurate timeline predictions for it now.

These buildings should have been taller to at least 260-280 m to have real impact on the Toronto skyline
At 241 m, they would just mix up with all those bland glasses in the south core

Unfortunately office tower height is based on demand, and in a country like Canada where the population is only 36 million....you simply aren't going to get the massive office towers. We don't have the big companies like the US, and most developers don't want to propose these 60 storey 2 million sq ft towers only to never get them built. Instead they go with the 40-50 storey 1 million sq ft towers..... which all seem to be in the 150-240m range. That's what our economy demands and that's what we get.

I personally am happy these towers ended up being the height they are. Yeah an extra 10-20m would have been perfection, but I'll take this rather than nothing. Once the crowns are added, and the lighting....trust me....they won't be blending in with anything.

These buildings should have been taller to at least 260-280 m to have real impact on the Toronto skyline
At 241 m, they would just mix up with all those bland glasses in the south core
I agree. There still may be time to throw a few extra floors on phase two. A man can dream

Back