Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Wow, what an exciting day today is. 2020 is so soon. I don't love their logo, but an ugly logo was to be expected. I'd rather see some not amazing logos on the top of a couple amazing buildings than no buildings.

So how do people think this will impact Commerce Court? It's obviously a huge loss for them. I hope no re-cladding project in order.

Hope they'll do some interior technological updates and market towards the fintech sector.

Maybe something similar to MaRS? The location is perfect for cross-collaboration and experimentation, much like how MaRS benefits from being beside the hospitals and U of T.

Great news overall.

Hmmm, could this be a hint for a potentially elaborate night lighting plan?

Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 12.12.58 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 12.12.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 12.12.58 PM.png
    952.4 KB · Views: 613
I am feeling the logos. Without it, I would think it is a condo. Every commercial building downtown has some sort of corporate logo or branding on it

I am feeling the logos. Without it, I would think it is a condo. Every commercial building downtown has some sort of corporate logo or branding on it
Yah, that is what I was thinking too.

Even if CIBC is not the most visually appealing logo, it is well-recognized, which I think helps a lot.

Agree that there should be some logo (who wouldn't want it) - just not particularly sold on how it was implemented (seem to suggest it done KPMG style).

AoD

CIBC is so spread out and was scrambling for space where ever they could find it over the past couple years. I just wonder if this going to cause a greater work from home push to try and cram as many employees as possible into the two new buildings.

Isn't there supposed to be a new bus terminal in this project to replace the aging one at Dundas? There was no word on that. Hopefully it didn't fall through.

Back