Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Well, according to CBRE's 2016 Commercial Real Estate Market Outlook.... In the Toronto section:

Bay Park Centre -
This Ivanhoé Cambridge project consists of two office buildings and retail space, along
with a new GO Bus Terminal in partnership with Metrolinx. Watch for a significant
pre-leasing announcement and the commencement of construction in 2016.

I have no clue on leasing activity in and around the core however, the vacancy rate makes one hopeful one if not more of these towers could break ground.

The report stated it expects more developments in Toronto but filling in the older towers may be a tough road; But in many ways its good as it'll force all those buildings (those who haven't) to renovate.

It also stated expect to see smaller anchor tenants sign on because many of the large ones already have.

TD as we know is still looking for a huge amount of space, yes they filled some of the interim usage taking over RBCs old Front street location but I wouldn't be surprised if they're the large tenant in question.

^TTC is not likely looking for AAA space, it would be bad political optics.

Besides, paying the lease rates for Union station access space wouldn't make sense, the vast majority of TTC employees would come by, well, TTC. I get the feeling they will set up shop in either existing space along the subway in a spot like North York, or get a new headquarters built at Downsview from Build Toronto, who is trying to sell a large amount of space up there.

^TTC is not likely looking for AAA space, it would be bad political optics.

Besides, paying the lease rates for Union station access space wouldn't make sense, the vast majority of TTC employees would come by, well, TTC. I get the feeling they will set up shop in either existing space along the subway in a spot like North York, or get a new headquarters built at Downsview from Build Toronto, who is trying to sell a large amount of space up there.
If the TTC were willing to wait, they can easily be a part of the eventual development at the Eglinton Station bus bays site too.

Its hard to believe TTC has 4,000 office staff employees.
Sorry actually 3000 office staff.................http://www.thestar.com/opinion/editorials/2015/11/23/ttc-needs-a-new-headquarters-editorial.html

TTC needs a new headquarters
Erected over the Davisville subway station in 1958, the building holds just 400 of the system’s 3,000 office staff. The rest are scattered in leased spaces across the city, costing the transit authority more than $8.4 million a year.

Sorry actually 3000 office staff.................http://www.thestar.com/opinion/editorials/2015/11/23/ttc-needs-a-new-headquarters-editorial.html

TTC needs a new headquarters
Erected over the Davisville subway station in 1958, the building holds just 400 of the system’s 3,000 office staff. The rest are scattered in leased spaces across the city, costing the transit authority more than $8.4 million a year.
Everyone do yourselves a favour and avoid the comments in this and in the adjoining article. :rolleyes:

So they could go for the office they were going to build at York Mills

The optics will be a shit show unless they move into a garbage dump and even then ;)

I don't see the TTC moving into any of the major office towers coming soon, too expensive and there CEO admitted they don't see themselves moving into a Bay Street tower (financial district)

baypark.jpg
Looks like these will have a steel frame structure.
Source: http://www.bayparkcentre.com/

Attachments

• baypark.jpg
    baypark.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 947
Last edited by a moderator:

Back