Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
20191230_124905.jpg

the next wave with Frank Gehry, Norman Foster and BIG leading the charge.

And RSH+P, RPBW, SHoP, DSRNY, OMA, Mecanoo, Allies & Morrison, KPF, Studio Gang, AS+GG, Henning Larsen, 3XN, Cobe, and perhaps a couple others I’m forgetting (and surely some other new entrants in the pipeline whose projects aren’t yet public).

It’s really quite astonishing when you take stock of the crop.

We are so very lucky to be living in a city that has this much going on. Imagine how bored we would be living anywhere else (save NYC and maybe Chicago). Toronto by far is where all the action is right now. It's been going crazy now for 10 years and shows no sign of slowing down.

We are so very lucky to be living in a city that has this much going on. Imagine how bored we would be living anywhere else (save NYC and maybe Chicago). Toronto by far is where all the action is right now. It's been going crazy now for 10 years and shows no sign of slowing down.

Don't have to imagine. We lived in Toronto through the early 2000's. ?

This bar graph looks wrong. There are around 65 buildings in Toronto with a height of over 150 meters till date. If you add up all the bars, it will be way over 100.

The label is wrong. It's 100m+ (see blue dot cutoff at bottom).

Also, those future projected completions appears to include buildings which have not started construction (we don't have 3 buildings of roughly 300m under construction); projecting future completion of proposals makes me wonder if they included never-started proposals that were marketed as completing over the last few years too.

The label is wrong. It's 100m+ (see blue dot cutoff at bottom).

Also, those future projected completions appears to include buildings which have not started construction (we don't have 3 buildings of roughly 300m under construction); projecting future completion of proposals makes me wonder if they included never-started proposals that were marketed as completing over the last few years too.
Given that buildings not past the planning stage are included, where's the Eaton's / John Maryon Tower? It was proposed in 1971 and be 503m tall (686m tall including spire). Burj Khalifa would inevitably surpass it.

John_Maryon_Tower_1971.jpg

I wish they'd kept the canopy wrapping around the corner of the building from the earlier design, because now it sort of ends abruptly before it gets to the retail unit. Regardless, this is gonna look amazing when finished.

Back