Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Snapped these today (Mar 5, 2019) while attending the 2019 Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada (PDAC) convention over at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.

I believe that area is an above-ground parking garage for residents.

I suspect too that the higher wall will return south in line with the boundary line, forming the podium base. Looks like a lower wall will continue east, but probably only a few metres high. If you look at Interchange's 3rd photo, you can see the reinforcement bar sticking out of the higher wall beyond, so assuming that's the tie-in, that probably gives you the approximate height of the lower wall to the north of 18 Yonge,

I'm not sure when work will begin on the PATH extension towards Pinnacle One Yonge, but the extent of the work that Ivanhoé Cambridge and Hines are carrying out along the north side of 18 Yonge is to complete the garage access to/from Yonge at ground level, and the walls beside the rail corridor berm. The crash wall is currently formed to the end of the podium, while east of it you see the I-beams sticking up from the top of the garage access wall. It's possible that it will be up to Pinnacle to extend that part of the crash wall up to the full second storey height when they begin work on the PATH connection to One Yonge… although I wonder whether they might already have contracted IC/Hines to build it while the garage access is under construction. Wouldn't that just be easier for everyone? Pinnacle One Yonge's PATH access won't be open until the second phase 95-storey tower is built.

PS - If the crash wall is extended at full height to Yonge, then yes, all parking garage north windows at 18 Yonge will be hidden by it.

Yes you are correct. I have friends who live in 18 Yonge and been there several times. The Podium is a parking lot for the residents

What’s that blue curvy looking building? I know one that kind of looks like it on the Esplanade but it has a crane-like sculpture sticking off the top.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is The Esplanade building.

The crane is from CIBC as well. It's the one working on the lower level of the tower / bus station component.

It is The Esplanade building.

The crane is from CIBC as well. It's the one working on the lower level of the tower / bus station component.
I think it was an L Tower crane joke. In 2019. ?

I can't believe that small space is big enough for all the GO buses and the Greyhound buses too.
I'm frankly loving all the verticality that the core is getting lately. GO buses rising up more than 1 storey just feels so wonderfully metropolitan to me.

It almost feels like the baby steps to truly multi tiered cities with at grade roads only for cars and pedestrian walkways completely covering them above, like a rail deck park but over all the roadways in the core. Exciting!

Back