Toronto Chelsea Green (was 33 Gerrard) | 297.25m | 90s | Great Eagle | a—A

Who knows so fast? Decisions from LPAT/OMB hearings normally take many months to be posted. Do we even know if this was a 1 day or 2 week-long hearing?

Who knows so fast? Decisions from LPAT/OMB hearings normally take many months to be posted. Do we even know if this was a 1 day or 2 week-long hearing?

Don't remember the exact project or person, but I assume they were in or knew someone in the meeting that knew the next day and had posted in that projects board.
Their schedule online only says Oct. 1st 10am meeting, nothing further on multiple days/weeks.

This is from the LPAT website for this project currently.

33 Gerrard.JPG

Attachments

• 33 Gerrard.JPG
    33 Gerrard.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 2,101
seems like the height was chopped off and the tallest tower is now just a few metres taller than Aura.

At a distance the towers are fine, if unremarkable.

But the way in which they relate to the POPS (pedestrian space) is terrible.

Bulky, over-bearing, lacking any kind of warmth.

Setbacks above the 3rd floor and finer granularity would really help.

Just too 'corporate'.

Don't like the way they've handled the Walton corridor either.

I would prefer something akin to the proposed John Street or Market Street.

Allow cars, but limited, at low speeds, a pedestrian-priority, but full street.

I would like to see said street with retail along it, particularly leading in from Yonge, creating another Elm Street, but with a more contemporary look/feel.

My strong preference would be that the proposed public park extend north to the new Walton, creating something closer to a usable space, I'd trade that sliver of a proposed park on Yonge, just across the way.

All those grass patches should be there, except they should be raised and be surrounded by seating. That is some ice cold bad design at ground level to me, a design that only wants people to quickly pass through. There’s no design intention to get people to linger, to pop into a shop on this little side street, grab a quick bite to eat, or sit and read with a coffee. Nothing to delight. Nothing warm. Nothing that feels human.

There is opportunity here but it is being squandered.

Last edited:

Back